on 24 June 2017
This is my most favourite album ever! I bought this copy for a friend of mine who came with me to the 10th anniversary show in Newcastle and he loves it just as much! Amazing from start to finish.
One person found this helpful
on 15 October 2017
Arrived in excellent condition and the price was very competitive.
on 25 September 2009
Some very good tunes but some filler. I actually really liked the collab track with lee renaldo from Sonic Youth but this kind of shows the rest of the album up as very 2d. I peronally got a bit bored of all the lead guitar running through each track and similar instrumentations. Some songs were strong enough to carry this others weren't.

On the positive when they are good they are very good and I'm only this critical when a band has really made me listen - and if Lee Renaldo and Johnny Marr like them what do I know : )
on 16 November 2016
Ok
on 10 April 2016
excellent price for this item
on 20 November 2017
nice
on 1 August 2015
a++++
VINE VOICEon 22 October 2009
I wouldn't normally talk about the actual sound quality of an album, but this just needs to be said on this occasion. The production on this album is horrible, it sounds amateur. Which is not to take anything away from the songs, the songs are great, they're a lesson in how you can make something catchy and intricate with just 3 instruments and a vocal. Where so many 3 piece bands would just strum away at chords, The Cribs include some wonderful counter-melodies on the guitar that work around the vocals, but the guitars are so harsh sounding that it wears you down after a while.

I guess the lesson here is that sometimes it really is worth getting in an experienced producer rather than a lead singer from another famous band. I think the predominant attitude with this record was 'let's make this sound as loud as we possibly can on the cd'. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that, because if you go too loud the sound quality is compromised. Someone should tell The Cribs that we all have volume controls anyway, there's no need to compress the life out of the music just to make it louder, we can always turn it up ourselves if we want to!

Maybe you're not fussed about sound quality, which is fine, in that case I recommend the album because some of the songs are brilliant. But for me it does matter when it gets this bad, this is the only CD I own which I don't listen to very often purely because it sounds like it was recorded by schoolboys.
One person found this helpful