Customer reviews

Baa Baa Blackout Blind
Format: Baby Product|Change
Price:£29.89+ Free shipping

on 24 June 2017
I already have a gro black out and it is excellent. I ordered another for the youngest child's room and like other reviewers, I can't get it to stick to the window. There must be a problem or defective suckers as I tried for ages and it still wouldn't stick.
on 8 October 2017
We originally bought this in the hope of getting our baby sleeping through the night so were bound to be a bit disappointed...

It has been good for travelling when places are unsuitable for young children and was very helpful briefly when we moved house and found ourselves without any curtains at all in our daughter's room. The size is good - suitable for almost all windows. The effect is also pretty good once you've fitted it effectively.

But herein lies the challenge. Unless they are stuck on very firmly, the suction caps can become loose. One evening overnight, they all peeled off the window loudly, the blind collapsed on the floor, which woke up our little one and it all caused a lot of hassle to refit, resettle her etc. Moreover, unless it is flush to the window (i.e. no loops/gaps in the fabric in between the suction cups). This blind has also caused some condensation to build up behind it too.

Overall, although it has some good features and is effective once it is properly installed, this is not the quick fix that we had hoped for and she certainly did not sleep through the night as a result!
on 30 September 2017
I bought for a small window (90cm wide, 150cm drop divided in two with a pvc frame) so needed to use the Velcro tabs to gather the material together to make it fit and to allow the suction pads to fall on the window glass rather than the pvc frame. Unfortunately the gathering creates small gaps where light can get through as the material would not lay flat. After a fair bit of fiddling and clipping with hair pins did manage to block all the external light.
Good enough to use when travelling
on 1 September 2017
This has been a life saver throughout the summer months. It has suckers that stick to the windows, they are not the best but I found once in place and left alone not much readjustment need. If you are taking down and putting up each night it come become annoying.
But really blocks out the light. I would definitely recommend
on 1 July 2017
This blackout blind really works. Easy to stick on the window and remove in the morning. Would highly recommend if you prefer a darker room to snooze in
on 22 July 2017
I was really sceptical about this but it has helped enormously. Admittedly we are using this underneath a blackout blind too but it really does help block out the gaps at the side as we have a sash window, so the blind never gets that close. For now, we have left it up so I can't confirm how brilliantly the suckers work if you keep taking it down. Very pleased we bought it though.
on 29 November 2016
Worst thing ever. Yea i followed instructions to put it up it isn't rocket science i really needed it for day time naps. Turn by turn suction cups fall off. Cheaply made not worth the price
on 21 July 2017
Despite the range of reviews on Amazon I found this product to be quite good. The suckers work perfectly well enough on glass (but not UPVC window frame). It is a bit fiddly when you first put it up, but each subsequent time has been much easier. Also gives you the option to block out as much light as you/your child is comfortable with.
on 22 October 2016
I received the item very quickly, however when it came to using it, I was left disappointed. The item doesn't stick to the window at all - it keeps falling down meaning I have to re-stick it time and time again.

It would have been great, if it worked.

I did however receive the item very quickly, and customers service is outstanding.
on 1 July 2017
The fabric does the job well, but the suckers are hopeless. Typically the fabric will fall off the window not long after being attached.

I've tried the Velcro which is suggested also. Beware here. The velcro cannot stick to PVC, so if your window frames are PVC you have to stick the velcro to the glass. In my experience the velcro will come off the glass and remain stuck to the velcro on the fabric.

I bought two of these as a temporary solution whilst we wait for shutters to arrive. I will be glad when we don't have to use these anymore.