Style Name: Lunch Box|Size: 1.4 L|Colour: Clear|Change
Price:£3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 27 July 2011
i host foreign students and have been looking around for a good lunch box. this product is OUTSTANDING. it is very cleverly designed and hold everything neatly. it is split into two compartments, so the 'wet' stuff like sandwiches can be kept away from the dry stuff like crisps. one half is further split into two, so you dont mix sandwiches with different fillings. to illustrate, i usually put a variation of the following in per box:

in the sandwich part:
two rounds of sandwiches (could hold three)
half a pork pie/sausage/etc (could also hold another small treat)

in the other half:
small piece of fruit (eg clementine or half an apple)
packet of crisps
small box of raisins
chocolate/snack bar

this really is a good product and makes packing up the students' lunches so much easier. no flaffing around for odd-shaped containers. i am going to order 4 more.

i very rarely bother to give a product review, but in this case i wanted to share how good this is. if you're considering buying, go ahead.
on 25 January 2010
Three children and over the years I've despaired with lunches. We've tried just clingfilm (resulting in squashed sandwiches), we've tried lots of smaller KlipIt boxes for seperate items (they have mostly got lost), then I came across these.

We've been using them since last September and so far mostly good. The catch has broken on one of them but it is still usable.

It keeps everything seperate, so I can send along a sandwich, with salad, carrot sticks, fruit etc in the other compartment. The main compartment will hold a carton drink if necessary and anything else you may wish to send along, cheese, small yogurt etc. We've also put pasta salad in the main compartment and filled the smaller ones with other things.

They are very easy to clean. Warning though, if you have things that might drop out, you need to teach the child (if they are quite young) which way to open it. I got around this by sticking my daughters name label on one side, telling her to make sure she can see her name before opening it.

Total thumbs up from me. I now don't have to battle with clingfilm every day or have a drawer full of numerous tiny boxes.
on 14 October 2014
I like this product. It's cute and has nice compartments which is useful when packing my lunch. It fits nicely in the Sistema lunch bag I have with extra room for snacks too.

I've had no problem with the hinges like some people have mentioned and have been using it for around 18 months now.

No, it is not waterproof, which I discovered myself after a couple of leakage incidents, but if you look at it, it clearly isn't meant to be waterproof. That's the only fault with it really. This is one of the reasons why I bought the Sistema salad-to-go box which has a waterproof seal and is working great so far.

Other people have mentioned that if you open it the wrong way up you spill your lunch everywhere. This is true. I also discovered this myself; resulting in me feeling like an idiot. This problem appears to be solved by looking at the lunchbox before you open it to see which way up it is. I expect it probably isn't a great lunchbox for young children.

Happy Lunches everyone :D
on 11 August 2010
This is a fantastic lunch box. Yes, you need to open it properly or all the food will tip out onto the table, but the kids have never complained....it's just me who finds it tricky! Certainly not as tricky as clip-it's and other brands.
My 5 and 6 year olds love the boxes - no more cling film or wrapping.... it's excellent. Rolls/wraps sandwiches in one compartment, fruit/salad in another.... then flip over for smoothies, pud, drink etc.
on 27 April 2010
I have been on the lookout for a lunchbox like this to take my food into work. My commute requires that the lunchbox is on its side, however, so this would be a bit of a test. The first time I used it I put cottage cheese in one of the smaller compartments, tomatoes and smoked salmon in the other and some wrapped up ryvitas in foil in the top, flip over compartment. By the time I had got to work some of the cottage cheese liquid had leaked out and formed a small pool in the bottom of my rucksack!

So, it's not leakproof, which is a shame. However, it's still a great idea and I will use it for 'dry' lunches in the future.
on 5 September 2009
I ordered two of these, because a friend's child had one from Sainsbury's. Clever design, as the kids like the different compartments for lunch things. However I had return one because the hinge was broken. When I got a replacement, the clear plastic part that engages with the blue clip was broken, so I had to send back again. Haven't had a new one yet. Made me wonder if there is a design fault - especially as I don't see them in the supermarket when I looked.
on 3 March 2015
Excellent for my 5 yo daughter's school lunch as it has seperate compartments for sandwich and snacks. The picture shows the sandwich unwrapped in the compartment but I still wrap hers in case she doesn't open it correctly and the sandwich falls out of falls apart. For an older kid or adult you could put the sandwich in unwrapped, ideal to save money on cling wrap and less rubbish to dispose of. I have also used this lunchbox on our day trips and there is enough room for two sandwiches (without much filling) for the 2 kids as well as cut up fruit, cheese and carrots. I think it's better than the quaddie as sometimes her sandwiches and piece of fruit are squashed in the bottom compartment of that lunch.
on 11 August 2010
on 13 November 2015
I've bought a couple of these and I'm very happy with them. They have a decent amount of room for different items and just the right size for a lunch. They are currently wearing well and standing up to daily use.
on 3 May 2010
love this lunchbox and amazon has the best price i can find. great for using for sandwiches + fruit without having to use foodbags. retailer very quick postage and no problems.