• Customer reviews

on 19 November 2016
This has been feeding my pot plants for 25 years. Best used in the Spring when plants are waking up from Winter dormancy and need a boost to get them going again to stimulate new growth. I've been familiar with this product for at least 40 years and know that it's well-trusted by many plant lovers. Boring but true.
on 22 January 2017
I take back my original review. The issue was more to do with my lack of technique than the product. I'm using this on all my orchids now and for this first time in years every single one of them is spiking. Some have one spike with blooms and are growing a second, the first time that's happened for me maybe ever. Brilliant stuff, highly recommended.

I use it at a low concentration (5 drops per 1 pint, the bottle suggests 5 to 10) every feed during growth period. First I'll soak my plants roots for a few minutes in the sink, then drain and transfer to a glass bowl filled with the water/fertiliser mixture and let sit for another minute before thoroughly draining and returning to their normal spots. This has worked incredibly well for me and ensures the roots don't burn etc. Because I soak them in plain water first, it helps ensure build no build up as well.

If you've got orchids just buy this stuff, is great!
on 13 July 2016
I bought this when the leaves of my lemon tree started to go yellow. I had tried the normal baby bio, but that did not seem to help. Within two weeks of using this product, new, lush growth has started and there are now several flowers. I even have a couple of little lemons developing.
on 6 February 2018
I've used Baby Bio since God was a lad and swear by it. I add five drops to every litre of water for my house plants so they get a continual low level feed, easier than marking the calendar or working out which plant needs feeding when and how much. They thrive on it, my friends and family always comment on how talented I am at keeping and rescuing house plants but this praise should be reserved for this magical tincture, not lil ole me.

A top tip is to use it on supermarket herb pots, I have a basil plant that is nearly two years old, it's just on the kitchen windowsill and is still providing the family with leaves after many of its counterparts will have yellowed and been thrown on the compost heap in countless other households across the world. When you look at the overall cost it is certainly better too because a bottle lasts forever!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 November 2017
When I buy supermarket potted herbs they normally die or significantly wilt within a week or two even if watered, the issue is that the soil is crap.

I didn't originally buy this for using with supermarket potted herbs, but thought I'd try it with some. After following the instructions, just a few days later they are looking much healthier, and where I pulled basil leaves off, after a few days there are new leaves starting to grow in the same place.

I think all the potted herbs need is a bit of nutrients in the soil, from a plant food like Baby Bio, and they will last much longer than 1-2 weeks.

Very pleased, as it was cheap at just £1.99.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 September 2016
I've been using Baby Bio for well over 20 years and although sometimes I use an alternative plant food, I always find myself coming back to Baby Bio as it's just so reliable, all my house plants love it, it gives them beautifully rich flowers when in bloom and it stops browning of the leaves. If you only ever buy one house plant food, make it this one as it simply works.
on 26 October 2017
Perfect, my orchid is thriving and is even trying to sprout some more buds, must have if you're keen on keeping them around for years. Seen some good YouTube videos on how to get your orchid to re-bloom etc when it seems it's dead, it most certainly isn't! Lovely to nurture and keep around.
review image
on 20 April 2016
When my phalaenopsis (moth) orchids need watering I immerse each pot in water with a few drops of this feed (only during the growing season) for about an hour before taking them out and always ensure excess water has drained away before putting them back in their usual places. My orchids seem to like this care as they've grown more leaves and have flowered several times since I was given my first plants a few years ago.
on 17 July 2017
I always find that these little bottles of Baby Bio last for ages as only a small amount is used each time. It's great for most house plants and keeps them healthy, but I find this version unsuitable for some fruiting plants that I grow indoors such as chillies. Instead they have another version for those plants Baby Bio Tomato Food, Concentrate - 175 ml.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICETOP 100 REVIEWERon 25 February 2015
Have used this for years and buy a new one every spring...ideal for all pot plants and even the ones outside down here in Devon. A 175ml plastic bottle will do all my plants for the entire season. Price wise a good deal and as an add on even better...