on 6 January 2010
The purchase was excactly what we wanted and the speed of despatch was second to none. We found the TV easy to set up for us non gadget people. The only downside was when it was delivered although on the box it said the item required a 2 man lift 1 man carried it half way up our path then shouted I am going to drop it.So my wife at nine stone ran down and saved this happening.
on 4 January 2010
This TV is the balls! It does everything you want perfectly....

This is my second panasonic plasma. I upgrded from a 42 incher that was a mere 100hz 720p.

I run a PS3 & Xbox 360 through it and they are both amazing! The TV does true 1080HD so Blu Ray is perfect and looks the business!

Since I gave a smoking I have been buying new TV's every year. I have had a Toshiba, Sony Bravia and 2 Panasonics. The Panasonic's are the best by far.

The Panasonic plasma's produce much better colour and black than any LCD i have seen. The Samsung LED's come close and are about the same money but the picture is not as good and black apear blue! They do not have the featues or conectivity of the Panasonic.

600hz and 4 HDMI connections is the icing on the cake.

The sound is good but if your looking at this set you will probably have a sound system to plug in but on the days when your not listening in 7.1 you will not be disapionted with the onboard speakers.

Freesat is excellent! you get Top Gear in HD! the only down side with the Freesat is the lack of the channel DAVE so no Top Gear re-runs. However you can plug in a dish and an ariel and get DVB and freesat.

Useful stuff.... You can plug your sky mini dish in to get freesat.... No messing around.

Networking is easy, just plug it in to your router and away you go.

You can watch Divx movies direct from the SD card but it can only read 720 by 576 files. (no HD on SD!) If you are converting your own files use the officail Divx Pro and it works a bute.

The V-Surround features are not too clever... Stick to stereo for on board speakers.

I could write about the set all day but to end I will say it's worth every penny. Stop thinking about it a buy it!
VINE VOICEon 27 January 2010
Why doesn't this tv get 10/10? The standard definition picture is good but not as good as the Pioneer PDP43SXE that it replaced. Note that isn't a Kuro, its the one before it so there is really no excuse for that. Also Panasonic use their own power lead with a clip to hold it in place so my QED Conduit power lead doesn't fit, bummer. Otherwise this tv would definitely get full marks. If you're shopping for a good looking plasma that will please the wife then this is definitely worth paying the extra over the G10. The bezel is slimmer and less utilitarian looking and the pedestal foot is a brushed silver effect; on which it is worth noting, the screen rotates making it easier to plug everything in. The set was already tuned into all the DVB channels as soon as I switched it on. Watching a blu-ray in 1080p/24fps was absolutely stunnning and because this is a plasma the picture is more natural than an lcd/led model. When watching a film in the letterbox format the extra 3" I've gained was more obvious. The remote control is very easy to use with big buttons and all the basic commands are obvious. I connected it to the internet and the firmware was up to date. It found my network drive straight away and in a few minutes I was watching a slide show of photos with music provided by the set. Not much to see on Vieracast at the moment but seeing Youtube on the telly was a novelty. This is probably the best plasma you can buy at the moment bar the Panasonic Z1 which I would have bought if I had four grand. (Note - Kuros are no longer made or I would have bought one, so no silly comments please).
on 24 December 2009
Bought this TV week ago from another online retailer for much cheaper price. Had some reservations due to large size of the screen, reviews in Internet about poor SD picture quality and dull colours but it turned out to be the best buy I made. Picture looked dull and bit bluish initially but by second day it looked fantastic (something to do with nature of plasma screens?) I have it connected to Sky HD with picture set to cinema and colour warm with sky box set to higher contrast. HD picture is fantastic and SD picture through the sky HD box itself is not far behind but freeview can be disappointing at times. I watch the TV from about 9ft and it also gives a very good view from looking at an angle. Previously I was watching a Samsung 40" 530 LCD which I thought was excellent but Panasonic gives a better picture overall including SD from the same viewing distance with the much larger screen.
Tried DNLA which works fine not that useful. Viera features excellent to watch pictures on my digital camera SD card but want run the movies. I am not sure if it is worth spending extra money for G15 over G10, but will depend on the price you can get it for as well.

Overall Brilliant TV
33 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 January 2010
brought this tv 2 weeks ago from reseller peter tyson over amazon, and so impressed, the picture quality and colour are just fantastic, both in HD and without, infact even though I can watch in HD, sometimes it seems pointless as with many programs there not much difference - expect sgi films and football. looked at quite a few in stores and panasonic stood out for me. ignore the insallation recommended comment, I have it plugged into freesat and sky (on AV1), took 2 minutes, turned the tv on it autotuned the freesat and that was that. the multi media server is very handy and pretty straight forward, the only issue I have come across is that when in photo viewer and you put the SD card in from your camera, it will not play any video taken on it, only showing the inital frame as a picture, I use a panasonic linux, so the two should be compatible, may be able to change the format on the pc and watch in videoviewer function on the tv, but again it will not accept the format straight off the camera, a bit annoying. bar that just a brilliant tv. peter tysons service was excellent, ordered it on new years eve to avoid the VAT increase and it was dispatched on the 1st working day after that, the Courier driver was abit rubbish (city link) the Courier van turned up the day after dispatch, diver said item was in the back, but he the realised he had not put it in and had left it at there delivery dept. said it would be resent straight away that day, but it did not turn up (they said because of the snow) - in the end I picked it up myself that evening. If you are looking for a great tv you cannot go wrong
on 10 January 2010
Really really outstanding... Easy to assemble the stand, easy to set-up and the picture is fabulous.
It needs a home cinema amp and speakers to get the best out of it, as the internal speakers don't match up to the quality of the picture (my advice would be to buy Panasonic for that too, to make the most of the Viera link). But I would expect that from any decent TV to be honest.
on 18 February 2010
As I already own a Panasonic 42X10 I had great expectations from this TV and I havent been disappointed. In a word its AMAZING!!!!!.I love the picture from my 42X10 both SD and HD and didnt think I would see much difference.The clarity and smoothness of bluray is nothing short of astounding.It really does look like its really happening in front of you its that clear!
One thing I have noticed is it gets much better after first few hours as some have said.
on 12 January 2010
Where do i start great picture when hooked up to a blu ray player.Looks brillant when i use my xbox on it.I don't think you will get a better tv for this price a great bargain compared to other tv companies high end products on the market the picture has a lot of depth to it and detail.If after a new tv dont be put of it because its a plasma its a top product it wont let you down for a cinema experience in you lounge or bedroom.
on 14 January 2010
I am more than pleased with this plasma tv, picture is superb, lots of features including free sat tuner and LAN connection, so it connects to the home network making things like media sharing and the internet available.
It's a pity the interface to the internet is not more like a browser, but all the films on my PC are now available to the TV.
on 20 July 2010
TV is great and in excellent condition, arrived on time, got a call to say they were sending the tv out but it did not have the right remote control so they would forward it in the post when it arrives in a week........4 weeks on still waiting!!!!!!!

See one answered question