Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 1 September 2010
Not too sure if this truly is the Greatest Hits of The Seekers, (we all have our own favourites!!) but this is a great representation of Austrailia's prime musical export and a fantastic gift exhibiting the Seekers sound and halcyon talent to the world of music. Sadly the music industry as whole fails to acknowledge the Seekers success when considered alongside that of the Beatles , the Stones and even Tom Jones. Record sales and yet they are somehow sidelined in the history of pop music despite being one of the biggest selling groups of the sixties.

The melodies, the harmonies and the acutely brilliant vocal accomplishements and range of Judith Durham's supremely pitch perfect voice add to a joyous celebration of many (now) evergreen standards, from the excellent songwriting skills of Tom Springfield and many others to the group's own penned songs.

You cannot go wrong in buying this album from a group that produce songs and albums where true excellence was standard. No other female singer could come close to Judith Durham, as true today as it was then, with Engelbert Humperdinck saying that 'that girl could sing the phonebook' - and she could sing anything now and you would be mesmerised by one of the clearest, bell like, clarion call, angelic voices of all time. Fantastic, and nobody else comes even remotely close. Elton John compares Judith to Karen Carpenter and Eva Cassidy, Lulu states that Judith has a voice tha nobody to this has has been able to emulate. Sir Cliff Richard comments that lots of people can sing, but not all have individuality then states that there is only one Judith Durham, Sandy Shaw states thas she is and always has been a Judith Durham fan, the late Lynne Redgrave comments on Judith's warm, clarion call of a voice, what on earth are you waiting for? Buy it now!!
on 24 November 2010
They don't make em like this anymore! If you like Judith Durham you will love, this check out her web site
on 18 March 2011
This is great. My husband thinks I am a little sad, but this cd took me right back to listening to redifusion radio as a child. Surprising how many of the tracks I can still sing along to. Great whilst doing the boring housework.
on 14 July 2009
Brill. Great to listen to some of the songs from my younger years. Takes you back in time singing along to all the tunes you'd thought you'd forgotten.
on 16 September 2009
Sang along to all the songs, but could not compete with Judith Durham. I'd forgotten just how good she was and just how pleasant the songs were. Wish I'd bought it years ago.
on 26 March 2011
Having grown up in the sixties with the fantastic fresh music that was around It was a nice surprise to see The Seekers had a Greatest Hits Cd on the market, especially at such a good price. I wanted it mainly for the tracks I remembered most like Carnival is over and Georgie Girl, listening to them was pure nostalgia. I hoped it would be the original recordings and not later one's and I was not dissapointed when I came to play it especially with the crystal clear voice of Judith Durham. I would most definitely recommend that anyone who likes the Seekers buys this now.
on 19 October 2009
Lovely melodies, simple but perfect accompaniment, great lyrics, no wonder The Seekers were such a success, and always will be, my recent purchase has been played may times already!
on 15 May 2010
To hear the wonderful voice of Judith Durham again was marvellous, brought back many memories of years gone by, she's still number one in my book
on 24 August 2009
This is a truely great album because I cannot think of a better voice than Judith Graham. It is so pure with a great range. This group were copied but never equaled. Pity there is not more of her still available.
One of my favourite albums, thoroughly recommended.
on 14 August 2011
Having 'rediscovered' the Seekers after a near 40 years absence I bought this CD as it seemed to include both all their well known songs and some that were new to me. I was definitely not disappointed, it shows just what an incredible group the Seekers were, if you have young or great young ones trying listening to Morning Town ride and keep a dry eye.

Out of all the songs track 11 "Colours of my Life" shows just what a wonderful voice Judith Durham has.

Now I just wish I could find a reasonably priced CD that covers Judith's post Seekers career when she formed "The Hottest Band in Town".