on 22 March 2017
Nice little bowl had it for a while good and hard wearing has not tarnished and is a good sized for lathering
on 21 May 2012
I purchased the Edwin Jagger Contemporary Chrome-Plated Shaving Soap Bowl as my first shave bowl; I have since purchased a scuttle and a Muhle porcelain shaving bowl. Overall, the size of this Edwin Jagger shave bowl is ridiculously small, almost to the point of useless and has the cream or soap overflowing from the bowl within a minute or 2; potentially losing the key ingredient that this product is meant to enhance. The other function of a shave bowl is to soak the brush, to hydrate it whilst you are showering. The Edwin Jagger shave bowl can only cope with soaking half of my Kent Badger brush and it's not the biggest of my brushes. My final issue with the shave bowl is that it should retain the heat to assist with the lathering process of your soap or cream and it doesn't retain the heat in any way like my Muhle porcelain bowl which provides a much better lather experience.

I've used this product for 2 weeks and it severely frustrates me whenever I shave. Overall, please save your cash and, if you're after this type of product, look at the other shaving mugs that are available by either Edwin Jagger or Muhle - they perform much better, are easier to hold whilst you lather and most importantly, you'll be glad you did not purchase this!
44 Comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2011
I was looking for a smart looking shaving bowl to accompany my Edwin Jagger razor and brush, and this fitted the bill perfectly. Size wise, it's ideal - not too big or too small. Another big plus for me is that unlike the porcelain versions, it won't smash into pieces if it slips out of my hand (which will inevitably happen). It's beautifully finished and complements the rest of my shaving kit perfectly. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a contemporary shaving bowl that won't break the bank.
on 30 July 2013
this is a lovely chrome contemporary shaving bowl, yer it could be a little bigger but it sore is nice faultless chrome.and dose a great job..
on 28 December 2011
The bowl is smaller than I expected. however I have used it for a week now and I think that it is a good size. Any bigger and it would waste shaving cream, it would also be harder to store it. This a bit of a luxury item as any bowl or cup could be used. However it is a nicely made item that will last a lifetime.
on 2 December 2013
This chrome-plated bowl effectively holds, appropriate shaped, shaving soap allowing the shaving brush develop a rich lather facilitating a close nick-free shave.
on 23 June 2012
just the right size, also floats in hot water to keep the lather warm for your next pass :) Expensive though, so 4 stars.
on 22 June 2016
I dropped my ceramic bowl and chipped it. That’s why I prefer a metal bowl. My kids gave me this one for father’s day, so I am always going to love it.

They would be sensible to make a larger version (just 2-3cm greater diameter), but to be honest, it really depends on your preferences. I find it easy to hold in the palm of my hand and work up a lather that gets 3 passes done, using a small to medium size brush. Yep, a bit of foam slops over the edge of the bowl, but I’m hovering over a basin, not sitting up in bed, so it matters not.

Its size is an upside if travelling – it would easily fit in a toiletries bag. It looks neat and smart when not in use, it cleans back up to a sparkle with a quick wipe of a towel.

It is too expensive for what it is – you’re paying a premium for the brand. That makes it a 4* rather than a 5*. Keep in mind that you can whip up a lather in any old bowl or mug if you don’t want to fork out for this option.
on 5 January 2015
I was given an Edwin Jagger safety razor for Christmas (also chrome in colour), and needed a matching shaving bowl to go with it. The size it perfect for creating a good lather of shaving foam, it rinses very easily, and dries very easily. Minimum fuss required for up-keep perfect.
on 1 June 2016
Reading some previous reviews I was worried this would be too small. I don't know what kind of brush, or how crazy people go when lathering up, but let me put this simply - It's not too small!

I have a EJ pure badger shaving brush, which while dry I run over some shaving cream. I then wet the brush, and with the bowl floating in the water I give a few vigorous flicks of the wrist to get a warm lather perfect for me. It's large enough that I can easily add enough shaving cream to have a second close shave if I fancy it.

Looks great on the side. The sideboard by the sink looks almost as smooth and sexy as I do once I've finished my shave.