on 9 December 2010
This is a great toaster. It is chrome, glass and black, which gives it a really nice quality feel, unlike the cheaper plastic toasters. The buttons on the front look more like a DVD player than a toaster - so if you like modern and slightly quirky styling, this will suit you.

Good points:
- Makes excellent toast - evenly toasted and seems to be consistent on each use.
- Slot is wide enough to fit two slices of bread made by my Panasonic breadmaker (just)
- Unit is much thinner than a regular toaster - so sits neatly at the back of the worktop out of the way when not in use.
- Looks great, feels nice and heavy, seems to use good quality materials.

Bad points:
- There is NO bun warming rack provided (as Amazon shows in their images). The manual makes no reference to one. This was a key selling point for me, so I am pretty annoyed not to get one. Amazon - please correct your images, or send me a warming rack please!
- There is a big sticker on the top when you get it. I had to use a hairdryer to soften the glue to get this off, and then scrubbed for several minutes with a piece of kitchen towel and some cleaning fluid (must not be abrasive as it's on a piece of glossy metal). This is really, really dumb of the manufacturer - whoever designed that sticker should be fired. On the positive side, it is physically possible to remove without damaging the toaster.
- Slot only toasts the bottom 11cm of bread properly. If you're toasting tall bread you can turn it sideways, but then it's a 1 slice toaster.

Also, a warning - the top of the toaster gets very hot after it has been running. The glass sides get very warm but will not burn you, and the base seems fine. But the obvious place to grab it to move it is the top - and I had a close call the first time I used it and went to move it out of the way.

Overall I would recommend this toaster, the two major bad points are really advertising / packaging errors. It's expensive for a 2-slice, but so far I feel it's worth it. But at the price I would have expected that bun warmer to be included...
33 Comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 September 2014
Didnt get to use it because my partner got another one on the same day so i returned it. But it looks lovely
on 7 April 2014
Wanted a toaster that toasted one slice of toast evenly, this seems to do the job and looks good in my kitchen.
on 24 October 2014
Love it!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 February 2011
I love my new toaster!

However do agree with previous reviews regarding the stupid sticker that comes stuck to the top of the toaster when unpacked.
I had my hairdryer prepared as some people had recommended & it did work to remove it eventually, but i did panic that my lovely new toaster would be ruined.
Russell hobbs need to take note of this!
on 19 December 2010
This is a great looking piece of kit which performs to the highest standard. I spent weeks looking for a toaster that would cook BOTH sides of the bread the same colour but they all failed EXCEPT this one - it toast two slices in a line NOT side by side and that really does the trick.
Easy to clean with a crumb tray that slides out underneath and the whole appearance is great on the kitchen counter.
on 7 April 2012
Well I must say I am delighted with this toaster and like others read all the reviews and they were right I can actually leave the bread in the toaster and it does not burn it, such a little thing in life a toaster that does not burn the bread ahh bliss, even toasting a teacake on setting 1 is just right although if you are toasting one slice it will burn the top of the bread if you put it in sideways apart from that a fab toaster.
on 28 January 2011
A bit pricey for a toaster, however its very easy to work and will take different thicknesses of bread very easily. Looks good too.
on 19 October 2012
This is by far the most expensive toaster that I have ever bought. It was purchased to go with the Russell Hobbs 14355 Black Glass Kettle in our new kitchen. For the first time we had designed a kitchen from scratch and no way was a practical but dull kettle and toaster getting pride of place as the only items sitting on the worktops.

It looks good, toasts well and consistently. Although it is a two-slice toaster, there is one long slot, which is long enough to accommodate two standard slices. I use bread from a local bakery, which can vary in height from day to day so some days if the bread is particularly tall one slice needs to be stood on end but the slot is so deep it hardly makes a difference.

In conclusion this is the lower maintenance twin of the matching kettle, looks good and does a good job with minimal fuss.
on 19 April 2012
Bought this on the advice of Which? Sounded great in the report but I find it a let-down. On setting 3 the toast is underdone, on setting 4 it's almost burnt!

I have had my suspicions about Which Best Buys in the past, and this one just seems to prove what I suspected.

It looks great, pity the performance didn't match up.