Top positive review
69 people found this helpful
Nice toaster - but no bun warmer!
on 9 December 2010
This is a great toaster. It is chrome, glass and black, which gives it a really nice quality feel, unlike the cheaper plastic toasters. The buttons on the front look more like a DVD player than a toaster - so if you like modern and slightly quirky styling, this will suit you.
- Makes excellent toast - evenly toasted and seems to be consistent on each use.
- Slot is wide enough to fit two slices of bread made by my Panasonic breadmaker (just)
- Unit is much thinner than a regular toaster - so sits neatly at the back of the worktop out of the way when not in use.
- Looks great, feels nice and heavy, seems to use good quality materials.
- There is NO bun warming rack provided (as Amazon shows in their images). The manual makes no reference to one. This was a key selling point for me, so I am pretty annoyed not to get one. Amazon - please correct your images, or send me a warming rack please!
- There is a big sticker on the top when you get it. I had to use a hairdryer to soften the glue to get this off, and then scrubbed for several minutes with a piece of kitchen towel and some cleaning fluid (must not be abrasive as it's on a piece of glossy metal). This is really, really dumb of the manufacturer - whoever designed that sticker should be fired. On the positive side, it is physically possible to remove without damaging the toaster.
- Slot only toasts the bottom 11cm of bread properly. If you're toasting tall bread you can turn it sideways, but then it's a 1 slice toaster.
Also, a warning - the top of the toaster gets very hot after it has been running. The glass sides get very warm but will not burn you, and the base seems fine. But the obvious place to grab it to move it is the top - and I had a close call the first time I used it and went to move it out of the way.
Overall I would recommend this toaster, the two major bad points are really advertising / packaging errors. It's expensive for a 2-slice, but so far I feel it's worth it. But at the price I would have expected that bun warmer to be included...