Customer reviews

Siren (UK Version)
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£11.99

on 15 September 2012
How do you describe this voice? It can certainly capture a mood and an emotion, and a bunch of pretty good songs carry this album off.The songs run together well, except, that is, for track 6 which is a terrible mistake- a really quite awful song that is completely out of place, its rightful place being the studio song bin.But skip to track 7 and the music and mood continue seamlessly. The album falls away a bit later on, but there can be no complaints for an album that gives you a full sixty minutes of music.The music is upbeat rock-pop, but it is the voice that really carries it off. A good effort.
VINE VOICEon 28 December 2006
It's very difficult to accurately review music, since peoples tastes naturally rely upon being able to hear it. Perhaps before I begin it would be necessary to outline the female singers that I like, as that may at least hint towards what I personally consider "good". Beth Orton, KT Tunstall, Jewel and Alanis Morissette I would consider excellent.

Heather Nova was completely unknown to me until I purchased this CD, admittedly from an Amazon Recommendation. I have to say that I think that Nova is a wonderful singer and this CD has some terrific songs. She has a great presence of voice that is very soft but at the same time very powerful. This is a real pleasure to listen to.
on 5 August 2013
I bought this for the 'London Rain' song which I love. I couldn't find one other song on this album that I actually didn't mind, they were all pretty blah. Disappointed.
on 18 January 2016
Great disc
on 19 July 2015
Top notch
on 8 March 2014
I always enjoy this album no matter how many times I play it - great voice, great lyrics, music just right to lift your mood
on 29 July 2014
Great thank you
on 3 February 2011
Heather Nova is living proof that talent doesn't always get the rewards it deserves. This is a stunning album. Beautiful songs, subtle arrangements and Ms Nova's haunting vocals make this one of one of the most brilliant indie albums of the decade.
on 22 September 2000
I first found out about Heather through the Dawson's Creek soundtrack. The album has many strong points including the amazing Paper Cup which manages to capture perfectly the hurt and pain of leaving someone. Other highlights include the uplifting London Rain and I'm the girl. Heather's vocals are often haunting and especially beautiful on such tracks as Heart and Shoulder and What a Feeling. Comaprisons to Tori Amos and Alanis are bound to be made by critics but Heather really stands apart as a raw and unique artist. I love it and her first album, Oyster, though not contaning as many enjoybale tracks as Siren is still well worth the money. If you're looking for an album that you can call your own and are looking for a different folk/alternative sound then this is the one for you.
on 10 November 2014
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse