on 19 September 2009
Bought this to replace the Griffin Smart Talk (which works for a while but eventually the cable breaks near the jack). Reviews of other items similar to the Smart Talk were fairly negative. I would have preferred just a cable with microphone/remote so I could continue using my Sennheiser and Denon headphones.

Checked this set out in the Apple store and they were highly recommended. So far I have not been disappointed with them. The sound quality is good, the remote is discrete but has volume control, pause, next/previous track selection and will work with the voice controls on the Shuffle, iPhone 3GS. The remote responds well. I have not yet used it as an iPhone microphone but tested it on Voice Memo and my voice was loud and clear.

The 'in ear' part is as comfortable as my Sennheiser CX400s.

It comes with six sets of ear adapters (small, medium, large as picture and the same three sizes but with double flanges on them). I'd have liked a cable clip to attach the cable to my clothes to stop it moving as I walk (used the one that came with my Sennheisers). There's a pouch included to store the headphones when not in use.

I've rated 4 star purely because I've not checked out all functionality.
on 24 February 2012
These were great headphones for the time they lasted. It seems that the design is strong. The earphones have a metal chassis and the jack also has metal casing. The cable is made of a plastic that is quite hard and not rubbery like other cheaper earphones. So they don't tangle as easily and create knots which can turn into holes in the cable.

Remote control also works well in the iphone. It sometimes brings up the voice control when you don't mean it. I think its to do with the contacts in the headphone jack and the port not lining up properly sometimes. Especially when there is a bit of dust of fluff in the port. Easy to do when you phone is in your pocket all the time.

However recently the cable has split right at the joint of the cable and the jack. The metal fibres inside are exposed and you can heard the left channel cutting in and out.

I have had headphones of a similar price last much longer than this. But when they were working they were great!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 September 2012
I really liked the sound that these earphones give, but was bitterly disappointed by its lifetime. I was willing to pay a bit more this time in the hope that my earphone were going to last more than 6 months, but those stopped working only after 25 days of use. The jack of the earphone broke and will require a replacement in order to get those working again. I'm still looking to buy a reliable set of earphones + mic.

Bottom line, it doesn't worth buying.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse