on 8 August 2017
Arrived on time, reasonably packed and undamaged.

9 DVDs, in 9 slim DVD cases in a cardboard sleeve. The cases each have a different illustration, Overall nicely presented.

Oh, and its one of the best anime series available. Well drawn, well dubbed, well paced, interesting story.
on 13 January 2017
Death Note is one of the very first anime I watched, I'm really glad to finally be able to have it in Blu-Ray. I would recommend it to anyone that has their interest peaked about the plot. It is really good!

The packaging, as mentioned by someone else, for the Blu-Ray collection is a tad cheap. The discs are neatly placed in the boxes though and it's easy to take them out.
on 18 May 2012
Arrived on time, just as described - glad I checked through the reviews first though because sure enough there was no art booklet as some had described, but others had said this was a limited gift that is no longer produced, so I wasn't expecting it.

This series is just brilliant - the story is so gripping, the art and animation is stunning (brilliant, because so is the manga!), and it's not really short like some series are from being cancelled or running out of the original manga.
So much better quality than watching it online like I did the first time round (we don't get too much anime on tv or in shops here) its great with our surround sound, and doesn't look odd on our big widescreen TV like some other animes do, I've noticed.

If you haven't seen it I would recommend it - especially as an introduction to anime - it was one of the first series I watched and it got me hooked!
Well worth the price too.
on 23 March 2010
This is a long series (37 episodes) and the first episode didn't really fill me with enthusiasm. However, as an anime fan I continued to watch it, and was surprised at how quickly it hooked me after that.
The plot is clever, gripping and generally well structured, while unexpected twists make it seldom predictable. It does fall away from these initial high standards during some of the latter episodes, but the quality of the series as a whole is little diminished, The dialogue is intelligent and both it, and the occasional narrative information, display a subtle, often dry and sometimes flippant sense of humour. I should say here that I almost always watch anime in Japanese with English subtitles - I don't know what the dubbed version is like. The characters are intriguing, plausible and often react to events in unexpected ways which are, nevertheless, consistent with their character.
The animation and character drawing is certainly competent, although for general scenes fairly basic and unremarkable - one of the reasons I didn't get into it straight away. However this only serves to highlight the high quality when they pull out all the stops, which they do quite regularly, both for lengthy scenes, and for short, intriguing actions or camera angles. The artwork has a similar approach, and varies from the unremarkable to the superb.
The soundtrack is good, and although the opening song is not to my taste (but there's no accounting for taste) the rest of the music is well-chosen.
This is good quality entertainment - as good if not better than most television drama.
on 4 March 2016
I read the complete Manga,and was releaved to find out that this anime follows it nearly perfectly!A must to be recommended.
Also watched the three movies with real actors.The story is slightly different from the Manga and the anime,but still worth watching.
Especially the Shinigami-Gods of Dead-are very good represented by perfect G.C.-animation and appear very realistic.
on 17 February 2014
i bought this as i had recenlty bought the three live action death note films from a while ago however id not seen the anime before. ive not yet finished it but ive been working my way through the episodes in my spare time, and i have to say that the live action fims stayed close to the anime however the anime is somewhat different from the films especially later on in the series.

the animation is flawless and the english voice acting is superb, i would reccomend this to any fan of death note or anyone who is into anime.
on 2 February 2013
Death not is a wicked anime about a character called Light whom picks up a notebook falling from the sky when he is in his class. This notebook was called "Death Note" and inside it was written that whoever's name is written in this notebook will die.

Using this notebook, Light goes on punishing criminals when he is then posed within threat of a man called "L", a man working with the Japanese police in trying to solve these strange murders.

This anime is addictive to watch and interesting, it is also very popular in the world of anime that most have seen it, for those who haven't, should.
on 25 August 2017
don't watch the 2017 Death Note movie, its bad. this one is much better.
Or read the comic.
on 30 April 2017
If you love anime you will love this, and it all the story, no praying that part two will be made while I'm still alive.
on 7 December 2011
I must say I am really happy after purchasing this product.

Before buying it, I thought this box set would be much bigger in size, but actually it is not so big, which in the end is a good thing.
The whole set consists of 9 DVDs (4 episodes per disc). Each DVD is presented in an independent DVD case (not the regular size, but half width).

You also get a 67 page booklet with illustrations, and everything comes together in a cardboard box.

I really want to put emphasis on the fact that the price of this box set is really good, considering what you get.
You are paying less than a pound per episode, and the audio/video quality is much better than anything you can find on the internet.

The only flaw I can find is how the subtitles look. They are yellow, in my opinion they could have looked better, but anyway you get used to them.

I did not mention the plot itself because it needs no comments, it is simply the best series I have ever seen, the plot is amazing.

In conclusion, go ahead and get it ;)