on 11 January 2015
My son love his dvd sets which I brought him for xmas the price was cheap which was a bonus.
on 12 June 2014
I have never really watched much anime but I was recommended this and it is a great series, I was hooked from the first couple of episodes. It manages to keep coming up with surprises and felt nicely paced throughout.

I have no complaints about the actual boxset itself. There are 9 Disks each with 1 volume on then along with a few extra features.
on 24 August 2013
I bought the complete anime series after watching the original live action japanese movies. It is good as it has more comedy compared to the original. Also the anime expands the movie's scenes by adding more characters and more scenes which weren't shown in the movie (or even mentioned). For example Light/Kira 's Dad having the God of death's eyes.
on 29 December 2010
Without a doubt the best anime I've ever seen! EVER SEEN!
This price is extremely cheap in comparrison to the price for the box set here in Australia.
If you're from australia and are interested in checking it out and think you'll like it, just buy it.
I can't see how anyone could not adore this series, and for the price.. well why not! :D
on 26 September 2012
(Wish this series would come out on a big Blu-Ray boxset)
First i will start off with this anime is a Masterpiece! It is the most powerfull, gripping, episodic series i have ever seen.
I have friends that literally walk out the room when i put animation on the tv they hate it so much but when they eventually sat down to watch this they all changed thier minds begging me to let them see the next episode.
i cant really rate this highly enough, i have seen alot of anime which sometimes make me hold the question why was this even made its so boring or the storyline is going no where, but Deathnote is utterly fantastic!
The soundtrack is incredible best i have heard in an anime.
The boxset comes with 9 volumes 37 episodes all together, some boxsets come with the booklet (mine did) some dont and bonus featurres. ENGLISH DUBBED and also in Japenese
im not going to go on about what its about check out other reviews for that :)
Its About Light Yagami, a student who comes accross a Notebook with Deathnote on the front inside it has the rules of the deathnote long story short you write someones name in it they die. There are so many twists and turns in this.
i dont want to write to much about it as you really just need to watch it. i promise you, you will not have seen anything as gripping as this, trust me.
I personally prefer the English dubb i dont really see the point in watching it in another language with subtitles but thats just me.
The englsih dubb is just as good or in my opinion better than the japanese version but each to thier own.
Basically as long as your old enough you will appreciate how brilliant this is from any age over 15.
I am sure like the rest of us i hope Hollywood doesnt Destroy this stunning series.
I am just a huge fan of this and reccomend this to anyone, thanks for reading.
on 22 October 2014
This was the first anime series that I ever watched and so far, in my opinion the best! It has a very good storyline and characters (I particularly liked L.) Death Note has 37 twenty minute episodes and each one is full of twists and turns. It seems to get better the more it goes on and I didn't want to finish it. I love it!
on 16 December 2014
One of the best anime series you can buy, so many ups and downs, a gripping anime series that does the manga proud, the only thing that disappointed me was the quality of the subs, they are pixelated on larger screens, translation is great for the most part though. Really wish Viz media would make a bluray edition though.
on 12 October 2013
Cheaper than in shops, too. Bought this for my partner for our anniversary as I had been banging on about how excellent the anime series of Death Note was for a v. long time. After buying and watching, he is now a massive fan and has even borrowed them all to his younger brother. Great product, glad I bought it.
on 18 February 2011
Death Note has to be one of the best, if not the best Anime I've ever watched! The rivalry between Light and L is truly an epic! The series is crafted so beautifully that each episode draws you in and keeps your attention hooked throughout. This is definitely a must buy for anyone interested in anime!
on 31 January 2013
this is a great box set as it has the complete series and has both japanese and english language versions available. It is well worth buying for deathnote fans and worth a look if ur a fan of anime :) seller was reliable and everything came as expected and fast delivery. Could not have asked for more.