on 18 September 2011
I have been a regular at the gym, for about 6-9 months, and as any gym goer would know the importance of a good protein diet, I went for some Protein shakes to enhance protein content in my diet. I have tried a few other brands but never liked the tastes and the portions. Sometimes they are too large. Given I travel all the time, I needed something portable like small bottles which I can carry around. This product fits very well in providing, 1. Protien content for lean muscle growth after sessions, 2. Great taste - Both strawberry & chocolate flavours are good., 3. Easy to carry - I just put a few bottles in my luggage when I travel around. I have already noticed lean muscle growth in the last 2 months I have used these shakes, so recommend trying for other sportsmen too. The price from Amazon is the best I have found, I used to buy it from local stores earlier but not anymore. Hope this helps,

UPDATE: Didn't do much training last year, travelling & more of keeping fit doing min gym / week. Started proper training again last month, and came to subscribe for this product. Already have finished a full carton(4 packs of 8 bottles) of these in last month :). OK, it doesn't make me a super-muscle man straight, but I still can validate its portability, recovery value and taste...love it! I think using it so long, it has become an essential gymbag item for me.

Also, I see people complaining about price, really? Last year my subscription costed me about £59.00-63.00. Today it costs £53.00. i.e. for a Carton(4 x 8 Bottles). That's about £1.65 / bottle. Tell me if you can find it cheaper, I'll switch!
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 July 2012
I have always bought lots of products from Amazon always finding them to be the cheapest... until these maximilks! The pack of 8 is a good £4 more expensive than buying the same product at Asda which I was annoyed about as I only found this out after!

The product itself is brilliant. I have tried many powdered protein shakes and found them foul so had given up, but then I saw the reviews on here for these and tried them, and they taste just like a normal milkshake! Brilliant! I plan to keep buying the maximilks - so far I have tried chocolate which taste great and next I will try strawberry. The only downside is that they give me slight wind! If Amazon brought the price down to match other major retailers I would start ordering from them again.
on 19 November 2011
Most protein shakes tend to take some suppression of taste buds. I've tried Progain, PHD nutrition, and a few lesser known brand ready made shakes. Some taste dodgy but you stomach it for the promised benefits, some have the illusion of tasting nice but have a dodgy aftertaste, and some taste nice at first but become sickly and getting through the whole dose leaves you feeling bloated and dreading the next time you have to take it.

The first striking thing about Maximilk is it that it genuinely tastes like chocolate milkshake, in a nice malty way. There's no dodgy aftertaste, no bloatedness so very easy to stomach all in one go whenever needed. At 30 g of protein it's a decent dose in relatively small volume. I take it straight after a gym session in about 2 sips, it's that easy to stomach.

The disadvantage over buying conventional tubs of powder is the cost which is going to be high per unit, though deals can be found for bulk orders to help a bit. But Maximuscle has a good reputation in the industry and you can hence have some (subjective) assurance that you are getting decent quality.

It also has the added benefit of being suitable for vegetarians.
on 3 May 2012
I had purchased 4 or 5 batches of Maxi-Milk over the last couple of months. The taste is amazing, they are very convenient and the price was perfect - approx £1 per shake. Now all of a sudden they are priced at over £2 per shake. Why the massive increase Amazon??
on 4 April 2012
I was about to re-order this product most probably on a subscribe and save after my son tried and liked the first batch but found the price has risen by 50%. Why?
on 1 March 2015
I like the taste of this product and it seems to give me a boost after a gym session. I get this ready made item because it does not taste chalky like the powdered stuff I have used in the past, even after making it in a blender. I give it four stars here because they keep changing the price and I have to keep comparing the price against Asda because sometimes it's cheaper to buy there.
+ No Chalky Taste, Convenience
- Added Sugar 16.5 (4 teaspoons of sugar per bottle 330) Not so healthy
on 31 January 2015
I am vegetarian, so I don't eat animal meat or eggs, my main source of Protien is from dairy. To get a substantial source of Protien from dairy I would need to drink a lot,which would then increase my fat intake, so I use this Protien milk as an meat/egg substitute.
on 14 January 2012
Maximuscle Maxi-Milk Ready-to-Drink Strawberry Shake - 8 x 330 ml Bottles
Maximuscle Maxi-Milk 8 x 330ml Chocolate

The Maxi-Milk ready made drinks are good value and taste lovely. I prefer these to the powders that you mix up yourself to create a protein shake and, at Amazon's price, I feel I can justify buying these shakes.

Edit 30/4/12: I rated these 5 star initially as Amazon were retailing at approx £9. However, the price has near doubled now so I cannot honestly say they are value for money anymore. I won't be buying anymore at this price.
on 2 January 2012
I'm a big fan of alot of Maximuscle products - this one is my favourite, ready mixed - take them to the gym in the bag or work as a snack or meal replacement, high protein diet works well for me and the chocolate flavour is great!
on 9 January 2012
Absolutely delicious. No bitter aftertaste. Almost as nice as Nesquik! Makes taking protein very easy and portable. Amazing price via Amazon compared to any other. I feel confident that this will compliment my eating regime and workout routines.