Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I chose this toothbrush to switch back to a 'mechanical' oscillating/rotating brush from my current cheap-ish sonic toothbrush, also a Braun Oral-B. I've owned a Braun mechanical brush before but this newer model is significantly more powerful and oscillates while it rotates and although at first it feels a bit like you're cleaning your teeth with a hammer-drill, the advantages of a mechanical brush soon become clear.

The smaller head on a mechanical brush lets you brush every last corner of your mouth, nothing feels out of reach. The 'stuttering' indicator, which happens every 30 seconds to tell you to move onto the next quadrant of your mouth, is unnecessary and a bit patronising but the pressure indicator is helpful for the heavy-handed. The slower of the two speeds is also good for cleaning your tongue - just a quick sweep and you're done without the need for extra attachments.

This toothbrush seems to have the same basic specification (40,000 pulsations and 8,800 oscillations per minute) as the more fully-featured and expensive alternatives like the Braun Oral-B Triumph IQ 4000 or the Braun Oral-B Triumph IQ 5000. If you don't need all the bells and whistles but want a very good quality and effective toothbrush then the 2000 is a really solid choice.
0Comment| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2010
(Oh dear, I'm showing my age with that title!)

After a lot of (mostly tedious and confusing) research into rechargable toothbrushes I decided on this Braun 2000 model due to:
1. Price
2. Some good features but not too many that they're gimmicky and pointless
3. Some very good reviews
4. Reasonable price of replacement heads (via Amazon, natch!)

I haven't been disappointed. This was my first experience of a non-manual brush, if you will, and I can definitely say, I'll never go back!
The 2000 comes with two heads; one standard, one sensitive, although I have to say I couldn't really discern any difference.
The features I do find very useful. It's scary to think just how long two minutes is (the minimum recommended time you should brush for) and as soon as I started using the 2000 I realised I'd not been brushing for anything like as long as I should have even though I thought I was! It also points out when thirty seconds are up so you can move on to another 'quarter' of your mouth and tells you off if you brush too hard by flashing a red light. This is a particularly good thing for me as the dentist just told me I've worn away the enamel on one tooth by over zealous brushing...oops!
Apart from these, I can't think that a toothbrush can do anything else that's relevant or needed and if they do, I feel they must be added to justify a higher priced brush.

My only niggle is the base unit which is not particularly well-designed but hey, you can't have everything and it's the least important bit anyway.
I'm so impressed with the Braun 2000 I've even converted my husband and in fact his has just arrived from Amazon and is charging up as I type!
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 September 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Firstly if you are considering getting your first e-toothbrush - definitely do it - they do clean better than a manual (I was previously a sceptic). Secondly I would recommend that you go for a Braun brush. But which one to go for? The range is large and the model numbering system can be confusing. I have experience of both the top of the range triumph 5000 and a bottom end professional care 6000 (which is about a quarter of the price of the triumph). In truth the cheaper brush does a good enough job - but the more expensive brush is quite a bit better.

For this model the direct comparisons are with professional care 1000 and professional care 3000 which lie either side of this in terms of price point. In terms of brush action the basic clean is the same on all brushes, but with a sensitive mode on the 2000 plus a polish mode on the 3000. The 3000 has a slightly better charging stand which will hold your brush heads. As it happens I tend to only use the basic clean mode - so the extra cost to get the sensitive mode is not great advantage to me.

The brush itself is fine. The charging time is a bit slow. The pressure light up if you over do it is probably useful if you are new to the experience but not that useful once you get the hang of the fact that you let the brush do the work for you.

Overall a good product, perfectly adequate, and will give good service for a couple of years at least as long as you charge it regularly. If you are after something cheaper but with a sensitive brush mode have a look at Braun Oral-B Professional Care 6000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrushor ideed the two pack which looks like a bargain at the moment.
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2011
My previous Oral-b toothbrush lasted 2 years before I had to replace it due to poor battery.

This product has only been used for 4 months and now it needs to be charged very often.

I reckon Oral-b installs low capacity batteries to force customer to replace it within 12 months.
on 27 October 2011
First of all, I am no newcomer to electrical toothbrushes, so I can compare this to more than a few models (although all have been Oral-B)
Build quality is good, it cleans your teeth as good as possible and it can go without charge for a few days of use. Compared to other and older models of Brauns Oral-B Toothbrushes. This is as good as you need it. It might not have all the bells and whistles of the more expensive models, but you really don't need them, as long as it just has a high rpm (8800 in this case)

This model has a two speeds, and really, having the option of two different speeds is just annoying, since you have to press two times for it to turn off. The slower speed might be handy if you have regular problems with sore gums.

The charger/stand is annoying because it has no support to hold the toothbrush in place, like some of the older models have.
The red light that shows you if you are pressing too hard is pointless. For it too light up, you would have to press really hard, and if you are pressing that hard, then you probably should make someone else brush your teeth.

If you are looking for an electric toothbrush, buy the 1000 model and save the extra cash for some new heads. You won't be needing the slower speed setting, if you don't have sore gums.
on 1 November 2012
The brush itself works quite well and will clean your teeth nicely. The change of speed which reminds you to move on to the other side of your mouth is a good idea and the light which comes on to tell you that you are applying too much pressure is an excellent reminder for the over-zealous. So in general the product works but the charger is of very poor quality and they only last a few months. They are very expensive to replace (more than 50% of the cost of a new brush) and I am about to purchase my second replacement. So I definitely would not recommend this product because obviously Braun do not test their products properly. Made in Germany is supposed to be a sign of quality but sadly not in this case.
on 21 April 2010
Great brush. Some people think it has frivolous features and I actually think it's the most attractive base unit. The Professional Care 3000 comes with that enormous lunch tray, this is far neater and more attractive.

The timer is very useful, now I properly think about the quarters of my mouth and make sure nothing is missed, rather than jumping around sporadically. Indeed once you know how to use the brush the red light indicator is not needed. But oh well

I upgraded to this from the budget Oral B brush. It is far nicer, feels better and cleaner. The noise is more like a hi-tech whir than a clunky rattle. Very happy with it.

Though I am also hearing amazing things about the Philips brushes, which I have never used.
VINE VOICEon 5 November 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First off, if you're considering an electric toothbrush, go for it. It's not essential by any means and seems like an expense, but it really does do a fantastic job at cleaning teeth leaving them so slick and clean feeling you really do keep running your tongue over them!

Ok, back to the review. What makes the Oral B Professional Care 2000 different from other electric toothbrushes? Well the pressure indicator is a useful addition for those who have a tendency to brush too hard. If the pressure is too high, the red light on the handle will illuminate, and the brush will stop pulsing (it will still twist, but it feels different). It comes with three brush heads supplied (two normal, and one with softer bristles for sensitive action), and a base unit which it charges from when not in use. The plug on the unit is the standard two pin suitable for plugging into shaving plugs in bathrooms.

Oral B also offer a 30 day money back challenge "satisfaction or your money back", printed on the packaging, although if switching from a manual to an electronic toothbrush you'd struggle not to be impressed by the feel.

My only gripe is that I wasn't too keen on the base unit, personally preferring something that's a bit more stable, but this compact design made it easy to transport if required. Still, it's getting top marks from me.
on 13 September 2010
I've had had a Braun Oral B toothbrush for 4years and wanted a replacement as it had stopped working. The new one is alot better, although I was happy with the old one! It arrived the next day as well!
VINE VOICEon 3 October 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using rechargeable electric toothbrushes for over 5 years, and I like them very much!

In general, if you have never used an electric brush before, I strongly recommend it, because it's easy, quick, thorough and good for your gums too, because it gives good massage to them. Believe me, I think it'd be much more effective than brushing with your hand in a traditional way, although I still do prefer hand-brushing when I want to brush small gaps between teeth. It'd also be a good brush for your kids too, to have their teeth cleaned without much stress!

This product has a small indicator shows if too much pressure is applied to your teeth, and the pressure sensor stops the brush movement too. After two minutes, the brush lets you know that your brushing time has finished with a noise. This product also comes with two brushes - one is a normal one and the other one a softer one.

Hope this helps.