on 15 October 2012
I have been a user of San Disk products for many years and this is certainly up to the standard that I have come to expect from this company. It comes formatted NTFS which is fine on a Windows machine but you need third party software to be able to write to it on a Mac. I use that software and it is fine. Overall certainly worth 4 stars.
on 29 March 2013
I purchased an 8gig and a 64gig version of the SanDisk and I must admit I've never looked back. I've never really utilised the backup button but that's just a simple gimmick in my opinion. The software is excellent and the reliability superb. I've had the 8gig one for 2 years now.
on 25 November 2012
I got this on a black friday with 28£, the space is enough to backup my RAW photos for maybe an year, i have already an year without backup and is not a very nice feeling, so this came into rescue. I'm mobile so i don't need external spinning disks.

It has two cons in my opinion:
- the size is slightly bigger then the other sticks and it does not have space in my mbp if i have something else in the other usb. the plastic is also too fragile, i still have an old 512Mb stick from Sandisk which has really good quality plastic, they got cheaper after that.
- although i don't and i'll never use, the backup button does not work on a Mac but the software separately does. This is the most ugly software you can see in your life, Sandisk should be shame they made or promote something like this.
on 4 January 2012
Great product in daily use. God for the business person who doesnt want to carry a large Hard drive around.
Nice and compact fits in the pocket and relatively cheap though good value.
on 30 November 2012
As a 'belt and braces' system, I bought two of these drives, (4 gig size) mainly for photography/artwork. They function well on my XP desktop PC. But on my laptop, which has Windows 7 Home edition installed, they just can't be read. So as I use both machines with my scanner, they are not much use to me, as I often need to transfer files between machines. They are for storage only now. I don't have any trouble with other pen drives/memory sticks. I bought them because of the advertise 'back-up' and for their size. I think the incompatibility has something to do with the encryption feature, which I don't need TBH. I can easily encrypt individual files if I wish.
on 29 March 2012
I thought the drive was great when it arrived and I usually like Sandisk. This has no ceased functioning so unfortunately I cannot recommend it. What's more I have loads of data on it which I cannot get off so I cannnot send it back.
on 11 June 2016
Used this drive quite a lot got two of them now. Not had a problem with them, connected it to my tv PVR FREEVIEW recorder, records okay at a good speed. Had it about a year now and the other one 3 years. Works okay in my laptop with no problems. SanDisk are quite good.
on 8 March 2013
Transfer rates could be higher but this is a well built USB drive and it holds a good size of file. I like the retractable element but the bloatware provided by Sandisk is irrelevant to me. I deleted it and just use the stick as a regular plug n store dongle.
on 21 April 2012
seems to work well, but not exactly bursting with instructions if you are new to these things......seems you have to trust what they do and hope they deliver if at any time you need to use the back up part in the future
on 7 May 2015
Items arrived early, but didn't do proper backups. Contacted Sandisk who say the items are probably faulty so formatted and using alternative backup software.