on 4 June 2014
worked as expected
on 15 October 2016
Amazing game! HIGHLY recommend it!
VINE VOICEon 31 October 2009
I certainly think so. I have never played a game thats as engrossing, engaging as this. Everything about it really is perfection, the story, the graphics, the gameplay, the multiplayer, the musical score (7.1 uncompressed of course).

My only complaint is that it makes every other game I have ever played seem somehow mediocre! This title is an essential purchase for every PS3 owner (watch the 15 rating). It's best played after playing the original, as the story is a continuation and compliments it nicely (and you can pick up the original very cheaply, as it's a platinum title now).

You can get the original to compliment this from Amazon for £15: Uncharted Drakes Fortune (PS3)
VINE VOICEon 18 October 2009
Among Thieves is a phenomenal sequel. Naughty Dog has expanded every aspect of the original, making it the finest exclusive on PS3.
The term 'character driven storyline' is over-used in games, yet rarely means anything. For once, the term is justified here, every development and set piece is geared towards the main plot. Like the original, this is a modern take on a historical myth.

The plot is a globe spanning adventure, so locations are impressively varied. The real-time aspect of the original plot is gone, but replaced by an epic cinematic style. Set pieces really stand out, Drake escaping a collapsing building whilst still inside; a convoy chase with frantic leaps between trucks; Nepal urban warfare. All are outstanding, but the train levels REALLY are something else. The technical aspects are simply mind blowing; a real achievement. Character design is another triumph. Drake is arguably the most realistic character in videogames. Not just in animation; which is exceptional. But he actually shows human characteristics. Fear in the face of danger, cries of pain, even cursing when things don't go to plan. All characters are entirely believable, with some very witty dialogue. It's a refreshing change from macho space marines, and adds incredibly to Uncharted's immersion.

Once again, a Crushing difficulty is unlocked upon completion of Hard mode. 101 treasures are hidden throughout, and a comprehensive store unlocks extras, including cheats and making of documentaries. A few gameplay tweaks include mapping grenades to their own button. Drake can now carry riot shields and propane tanks; which can be thrown and shot in mid air, adding new tactics to fire fights. Stealth sections are more prominent, but rarely forced. The transition between combat and platforming is now seamless. It used to be obvious when the next firefight was, as large areas of cover would conveniently appear.

By far the biggest addition is a multiplayer mode. The recent Beta proved Uncharted's gameplay translates well, but the final version has an extraordinary number of modes and options. Co-operative, Arena, and Objective based games are all present. But the 5 Vs 5, first to 50 deathmatch is still my favourite. One minor criticism regards initial loading times. They are painfully long, even for single player. But it's a small price to pay for the most polished, satisfying experience of 2009 so far.
22 Comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 12 March 2013
I enjoyed the original Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, but it lacked the certain spark necessary to make it an instant classic. This sequel takes everything that was great about the first game and enhances it tenfold. The graphics, sound design, gameplay and voice acting are all near-perfect. It's just a shame that there's not much replay value to the game as it's rather easy to finish.

The adventure this time focuses on Marco Polo's mysterious voyages in the 13th century and the Tree of Life. Nathan Drake's quest is to stop a Russian warlord from exploiting the tree for his own devious means. The game takes us from Turkey to Borneo to Tibet across a wide variety of levels including museums, jungles, war-torn cities, a mile-long train, the same train dangling from the edge of a cliff, and snow-covered mountains. You'll pick up loads of different weapons along the way and you'll never really run low on ammo so feel free to be as trigger-happy as you like. I do wish that it could have been gorier though. However, creeping up on a bad guy and shoving him off a cliff while watching him plummet into oblivion is very enjoyable.

On a second go you'll find it easy to unlock more than half of the trophies available, and playing it a second time is worth it for this alone. But beyond this I am sorry to say that Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has little to offer aside from an online multi-player mode, which I am not interested in.

I still highly recommend the game and it's an essential purchase for any PS3 owner, whether you liked the first game or not.

Graphics A+
Sound A+
Gameplay A
Lasting Appeal B
on 29 January 2010
have played this through twice now once on normal and once on hard, it was well worth a second play through as i really got into more of the freedom and options during gunfights. I love the stealth aspect of the gameplay and found it great fun and satisfying. the fairly simple puzzles and platforming in between gunfights were enjoyable and a welcome break from the more intense sections. My partner who does not normally like video games sat and watched me play through the stealth and gun fight parts saying '....no try this way etc' to give you some idea of the immersion.
on 21 October 2009
Gone are the days when I'd have to barter doing the washing up for a couple of hours on my Playstation 3. When I was playing the first Uncharted I noticed the girlfriend glancing up from her glossy mag keeping an eye on what was going on. She admitted it was like watching a film and whenever I'd put the PS on she'd ask me to play Uncharted.

When I sat down with Among Thieves she made us a cup of coffee each and we sat glued to the TV for three hours. Its been the same every night until I completed it. The game is immense and not really like anything I've ever played. I had to stop myself breaking my controller in two because I was gripping it so hard during the first 10mins. Naughty Dog have taken all the bits that made the first game a bit special and amplified them by 100.

Graphics are the best I've seen on any console, the story grabs you from the first second to the last, the gunfights and action sequences are mind blowing......everything just fits.

This is simply a must buy!!!

ps As with films limit your girlfriend to 3 questions per sitting......."So who's he?"...."What does that do?"....."Did you mean to do that?"........"Enough woman!!"
1919 Comments| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 May 2010
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the first game in a very long time which gave me the urgent need to replay on first completion. Being a hard-working 35+ male with a family, and having lived through, experienced and enjoyed the "golden age" of gaming in my pre-family life (i.e Arcades, C64, Famicom, SNES, PC, PS1, PS2), I have relatively very little precious game-time left during the week. If u can understand where I'm coming from, and have no time to waste with "dud" games, then you'll find that Uncharted 2 is absolutely THEE RIGHT GAME to fill this precious game-time. This game takes every aspect of a third-person view adventure game (that you may already be familiar with) and then MAXES it out! The characters, storyline, gameplay, graphics, stage-design, sound-effects, music and voice-acting are all top-notch. When you read stories of how this game has literally "cleaned up" multi-format Game of the Year Awards around the globe, then actually playing it will prove to you just why. As a one-player game I was completely in awe of Uncharted 2, but a special mention has to be made regarding the Online Multiplayer and Co-op aspect of the game. It's not unnecessarily complicated and is a great deal of fun to pick up and play when you're in the mood, a great "icing on the already fantastic cake" of this top-quality game production. I cannot recommend this game more. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

Uncharted 3 is now at the top of my short, precious game pre-order list.
on 22 October 2009
Uncharted Drake's Fortune was a brilliant and outstaning game, it was a sleeper hit for 2007 and is a cult hit for Playstation. When I read the news in a Playstation magazine they were going ahead with a sequel, I got very exicted and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I have just finished it last night and it has simply taken my breath away, it has to be the best game of 2009 hands down. The story is about a artefact is found in one of Marco Polo's lost ships that brings a intrest to fortune hunter Nathan Drake. He meets his old friend Harry Flynn and new love intrest Chole Frazer who need his help so he accepts only to be taken to a dangerous ride to the Himalayas where the trail of the Cintammani Stone is awaiting. He's not alone as yet again mercenaries are out to get him while also meeting up a few familer faces during the game, Elena and Victor. They must risk everything to unravel this dark secret, will they do it? Gameplay is much better than the first, I felt comfortable during the way and have new guns to shoot too. It's funnier, more romantic, holding in your breath moments and jaw-dropping visuals. Naughty Dog have really outdone themselves, this game has bought out a lot of my emotions as I was playing and when it was finished I shed a few tears that I have completed such a brilliant game. This game is just wow, I have fallen in love with Nathan Drake within the first few minutes and have laughed with his cheeky jokes. The voice talent is brilliant, the scenery is again stop and admire the sights which I have done countless times. So what are you waiting for? This has action, adventure, romance and plenty more. Check out the muiltplayer and also there is a very easy diffculty so if you are new to this start with that. My veridit on Uncharted 2? Better than the first, game of the year and just too damn good.
on 31 October 2009
What more can i add to say about this amzing game that others havent already said !! Naughty dog have done it again. I didnt think they'd top the awesome Uncharted 1 but they have ! Uncharted 1 raised the bar very high and i doubted naughty dog could raise it even further....They have kept all the essential elements of the first game in place while adding in more action,suspense and game tweeks that have made this one of the ps3's finest games. Graphics are improved and the action beats suspenful for one thing,not that they were too shabby on U1. The only negative i can think of was that the game wasn't longer!!!..though im sure like me you'll never want it to end ! so maybe i have to be more reasonable..lol

Look out for voice work by claudia black (stargate sg-1 and Farscape) and Rene Auberjonois ( Star trek deep space 9)in 2 of the more prominant roles.

Roll on Uncharted 3..though do i really have to wait another 2 yrs for it !..oh well!!

See one answered question