Format: DVD|Change

on 18 October 2009
My son is 2 years and 4 months and he loves Fireman Sam, amongst many other popular kids characters. He has watched this DVD over and over again. There is a moral to each of the stories and at the same time they are fun and make him laugh too. My only criticism is that there aren't more stories on the DVD as it can become very repetitive for the parent who is also watching! These are innocent yet informative fun stories and my son hasn't tired of them yet.
on 6 September 2009
As always Fireman Sam was a great hit - two little grandsons (3 and 6) completely enraptured and if I say "you can watch two episodes and then we are going to the park" beg for another.

Thoroughly recommend it for any child from 18 months upwards - really good stories for that age group.
on 25 May 2010
This DVD has become a favourite with my 4 year old twin boys, it has been watched constantly and they enjoy watching the episodes over and over again! Their favourite episode is Sticky Situation, they find Norman very funny! They also like seeing Radar the rescue dog in in! The episodes are just the right length for little ones and the stories are funny, entertaining and enjoyable. They also teach safety, which is great.
If you have Fireman Sam fans in your house, this is a great DVD to add to their collection!
on 5 August 2009
After reading a lot of criticising reviews of the new format Fireman Sam DVD's i felt compelled to write a review for this one. I bought this DVD for my sons 3rd birthday last week because he had origanal fireman sams and loved them and i thought he would enjoy this one. Turns out i was right!! He has now watched it non stop for three days and today we had a lovely trip to the seaside because the portable dvd player meant we had no moaning from the little one from the backseat... infact we didnt hear a single peep!! I would very much recommend it... we might prefer our 'vintage' cartoons but that doesnt mean the kids cant enjoy their new versions aswell.
on 16 October 2009
My 3 year old just loves this DVD. We have watched it soooo many times Im sick of it... but not her. Great value for money.
on 20 September 2010
After reading previous reviews, i was a little worried about buying this and some other 'recent' Fireman Sam DVD's for my 2 1/2 year old Son. I needn't have had any concerns as they are absolutely brilliant. We actually prefer the new Sam to the old Sam as my little one finds Station officer Steel a little scary in the old version. I agree that not all characters have faired so well with the new animation make over and I have to say that I think Bob the Builder has definately gone down hill but not so Fireman Sam! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this DVD and other 'new' Sam dvd's for any young Sam fan.
on 15 June 2010
bought this dvd for my wee boy and he loves it so much he watches it nearly every day and knows when sam is comming.
for the price of the dvd is brill and picture is great and also educational which you cant go wrong. you also get a little time to do things while the wee one is loving fireman sam.
i think the dvd is on for an hour all in - would recommend
on 10 December 2010
The new dvd's are great but whoever decided the children had to have terrible squeaky voices, nothing like the old ones? My three year old still loves to watch them but I'm afaid I have to sit with my fingers in my ears!!!
on 14 June 2010
I was quite frankly worried when I first say this. This CGI version of Sam does look radically different to the original; even to the older cartoon ones. It's smoother, there is less texture somehow and the characters are styled differently. Mike Flood in particular is now religated to the part of village idiot (he even needs his daughter to remind him to rescue his wife ...). If you shut your eyes (tierd mummy!) you will also find there are fewer actors doing the voices with precious little to choose between them.

HOWEVER the storylines are cracking. AND my 2 & 4 year old boys watched it avidly without commenting on any of the above. We have now watched it solidly for a week. What do I know?
on 4 January 2010
Received this very quickly....as usual. My 4yr old loves Fireman Sam, so it didnt matter that he had seen a few of them on telly, as he could watch them over and over.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse