on 4 April 2017
Bought this on a bit a a whim as I remembered it from when I was young. Not used it for much yet apart from on a couple of patches of actinic keratoses (solar keratoses), one on my upper forehead and a small patch on my nose. For these it has been brilliant! The small crusty patch on my head was very itchy and irritable, as well as slowly growing, to the point where I was going to ask my doctor (a skin specialist) to remove it. Within hours of applying Zam-Buk it felt much better and now, several months later, the patch has reduced greatly and is never irritable or itchy. I apply Zam-Buk daily to both patches The smaller nose patch also has lost all it's irritability but is still there, so I may ask the doc to remove it soon.
on 4 April 2017
I purchased this ointment after researching possible treatments for chilblains. I have been using it for approx. 1 week and, in conjunction with keeping my feet warm, it seems to be doing the job. It has taken the swelling, and blistering down, and also seems to be reducing the redness/discoloration that I had experienced. I have also used it overnight on a spot that I had on my jawline and the lump had disappeared by the time I woke up. I did have a lovely green blotch on my pillow though (the ointment is green), so be prepared for that!
on 22 December 2014
Bought this old remedy for my sons chillblains on his fingers, it worked a treat. It took away the swelling and itching almost immediately and relieved his discomfort. Zam-Buk is quite difficult to get hold of, so well done Amazon.
on 20 August 2015
haven't used it extensively but for a friend who stepped in a rusty nail and for myself who i hurt my foot quite badly and it seems to work fine. only problem is that the green colour can spread and discolour other things although i haven't had any longlasting problems with that. will always take it when traveling from now on!
on 26 January 2016
My grandfather recommended this for nearly every ailment you can name. I agree. This is the only place I have found to be able to get it. It is wonderful for everything from a stuffy nose to chilblains - I think it might actually be what the ancient Egyptians called "green ointment".
on 30 August 2016
Good stuff. I used it years ago to draw poison from a boil. Same again and it worked just as well. Can't get it in the shops anymore so glad to see it here.
on 28 April 2015
My grandmother used this on my cuts and bruises when I was a child in the late 50s. I am so pleased to have found it again after years of searching. My skin is now a lot older but Zam-Buk's healing properties are still second to none and I am constantly advising others to use it on cuts, bruises, dry skin, rashes, etc.
on 15 February 2017
My mother always kept this in the cupboard for everything from scratches to cuts and grazes. It has not changed one bit and still as just as effective, apart from the tin being much smaller than the original.
on 7 January 2016
I bought this on the recommendation of my mum who remembers it from her childhood. I tried it on lips as a moisturizer, on a burn as a salve and a small patch of dry skin on my foot, and in every case it had a positive effect. So will buy it again, this is a very small tin to cope with multi situations.
VINE VOICEon 7 April 2016
Really impressed. Took this on a family trip to Thailand, and whatever we threw at it - minor cuts, scratches, insect bites it helped heal in rapid time. Really nice, compact little tin which is great for travel - will definitely be keeping a tin to hand round the house too.