on 8 September 2014
Great little cable, I'd read reviews that the external DVD writer/reader I wanted to buy had issues if it wasn't supplied with enough power. I bought this cable as it was recommended and haven't had a single issue burning CD or DVDs. The external drive I bought is this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009ZMV0F8/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_15
on 28 August 2013
I got this alongside the Samsung DVD/CD burner because one review suggested it might need extra power and this cable doubles the availability by plugging in to two usb ports.

As it happened, it wasn't necessary in my case but it seems a good idea if it's what you need.
4 people found this helpful
on 12 April 2014
Needed a cable to connect to a WD passport drive, as the standard USB lead struggled at times to provide correct power...not all the time but now and then. Although this uses two USB ports, I have not had a single problem and therefore prevented me from replacing the drive thinking it was on its last legs.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2016
I was getting error messages trying to use a Samsung External Blu-ray Writer (SE-506CB) with makemkv software. Reading the reviews on Amazon it seemed likely that these could be fixed by increasing the power to the device with a USB Y connector. I am pleased to report that it has been a success. I choose this particular Lindy cable because it wasn't black (it's a better match with an iMac) it's isn't too long and it looked well made. I'm very happy with this product.
on 19 March 2014
Lindy produce some of the highest quality cables for the money you pay and this is no exception. If you plan on using an external USB hard drive with your Wii U without a power supply you need this cable to ensure correct operation. Highly recommended.
on 11 May 2014
Looks like a good piece of kit, I've only used it once and no problems (not that I would expect it too of course) Had t wait an extra day because of post but werent too bothered about that.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 February 2018
Did what they were supposed too do!
on 8 May 2015
Lost my original lead for an external 3D bluray writer. This works as good as the original cable.
on 1 September 2017
Does what it says on the time
on 1 July 2014
This is a well-made cable-set. It does exactly what its supposed to do. The spacing between the two USB A Males is quite adequate for most situations. So good I bought 2 sets to save unplugging to share. Five Stars.