on 16 February 2012
I am a bit of a sci-fi geek, and this ticked all the right boxes for me. Imaginative, funny, well thought out, (like why so many aliens look human) well written, believable (as all great scifi should be - you believe their version of reality is a real possibility) and left me wanting to know more of the adventures of the characters.

Trapezian wine should become as read about as the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!

The book was SO much better than I thought it would be - I would've paid double for such a great story which I will definitely read again - after I've read the next one "soul to soul"!
on 13 February 2012
This is a lighthearted sci-fi comedy, not quite Douglas Adams standard but definitely heading in that general direction. The characters are great, the plot keeps moving at an impressive pace, and you'll enjoy pretty much every page along the way. I just finished it, and I've immediately bought the sequel to read next.
on 20 May 2012
"Teleport This" is a science fiction comedy about two geeky scientists who make contact with aliens and travel around in space.
There is an obvious comparison, which I could not stop myself from making, with the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" trilogy (of five).
Also fairly obviously, the comparison comes out in favour of Hitchhiker's.

That out of the way, this was a quick and easy read with enough characterisation to keep my interest, and a quick fire comedic tone.

The kindle version suffers in places from what I assume is lack of editing. There are a number of paragraphs, particularly in the first half of the book, that change tense part way through and there are some strange spelling choices (buy/by and know/now) throughout. However these are rare enough to only be a slight - though avoidable - annoyance and didn't distract me too much from the story.
on 22 April 2012
I liked the premise of this book, It starts promisingly, but just when you're getting to know Simon and Gilbert they are whisked off into a vast universe full of humans who are basically the same.

And that's the biggest problem with this book. There are so many characters and so much dialogue that it's difficult to remember who is who, with whom, and where. At one point a character claims his side has an advantage because the others have "too many guys" on their side: the author might want to take a leaf out of his own book.

When there is some descriptive text, the author has a jarring habit of leaping into the present tense, which is quite distracting.

Overall, a promising debut which would have benefitted from some editing improvements.
on 11 May 2013
A good old fashioned short SF story about life, the universe, teleporting and laughs.
The story marched on at a good pace.
No War ans Peace but a harmless way to pass a few hours on a Kindle
on 8 July 2012
I really liked this, more than I thought I would. Funny in places with references to STAR TREK/STAR WARS with tongue firmly in cheek. The best analogy I can come up with is a mix of Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure but with a more intelligent pair of protaganists.

Gilbert & Simon build a teleport device in a warehouse and get beamed into a whole lot of trouble, mainly caused by a rogueish conman/genius/scoundrel called Jon who is in witness protection and being chased by the big time crimelord. He ends up inadvertently giving Gilbert & Simon the time of thier lives. All in all a very entertaining read and like other reviewers I have purchased the second story Soul to Soul .

I hope it's as much fun as the first.

Worth the money, a good light hearted read, if you're into Douglas Adams/Terry Pratchette/Jasper Fforde this is for you.
on 18 May 2013
I really enjoyed this - the start was full of surprises and promised an interesting and different twist on the first contact principle. It tended to drift away from the science fiction aspect more into an adventure as the story progressed, but the story line was still maintained. Well written and excellent dialogue throughout, with just the right amount of tongue-in-cheek humour.
on 25 February 2013
Reading this book on the train got me a fair few odd looks with a few laugh out loud moments.
Not normally a sci-fi reader I liked that the author put a different slant on a few ideas. Well worth a read and have already added the next volume onto my wish list as a reminder for when I need a new book.
on 12 August 2012
Quite a few laugh out loud moments,also as this is I believe a first effort,it should not be compared somewhat unfairly to works by established authors. Well done Christopher M Daniels...Bravo.
on 20 March 2012
I enjoyed this book very much, it's well written, light hearted, fun and very different. Ticks all the boxes for me as a Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett fan. Bought the next one, Soul to Soul, immediately after finishing "Teleport this" (this afternoon) and made a special trip to a wifi area to download it. Hope there will be more to come, I love the characters, and the idea has so much potential. It's a good copy too, didn't notice any typo's at all. Wish it had been longer.