on 13 January 2011
To reduce any risk of getting a counterfeit product, I chose from the sellers list "Amazon's Jersey Merchant" (i.e. Indigo Starfish) at £9.99. I have received an absolutely genuine Nintendo Wii boxed nunchuck controller, that is utterly identical to the one supplied with my Wii Sports Resort bundle, right down to the tiny code numbers stamped into the plastic near the wire outlet. The box and packaging is typically over-the-top Wii, with stiff corrugated cardboard and separate protective bags on the cable, the controller and the connector! That lot must have cost at least £1.00 of the purchase price! No worries.
on 16 March 2011
This seller is a cheater!

First of all what they are advertising for is misleading, they don't say it's not an original Wii Nunchuk while in the photos you will see the Nunchuk in it's original Nintendo box.

Secondly, after being disappointed from what I had received (no package at all! just wrapped in a paper!) it broke down after 5 minutes of using it.

After posting a bad feedback, I contacted the seller and they said and I quote -if unhappy you can return in same condition- that's it! And I have to pay for the delivery as well! and they threatened me of not refunding the money unless I remove my bad feedback.

After removing the feedback and sending the item I have never been refunded, and every time I contact them they say we have not received it yet!!

I'm not sure how Amazon lets this seller misleading us in this way! especially after reading other reviews with buyers having the same complains !!!
on 5 October 2010
Same experience as some of the previous customers. Two controllers arrived in a padded envelope without original packaging, documentation or anything. Very doubtful that these are original parts or even new. Didn't get to try them out, since they arrived well before my Wii. They go back to the seller, anyway. Reading the previous reviews, it doesn't seem like it's worth the bother.

I hope that Amazon will put an end to this abuse of the marketplace.
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2010
I purchased this product for the cheapest available price from a 3rd party seller called EasyDigi and the product that they sent me was counterfeit.

When the product arrived it was un-boxed and with none of the official documentation which immediately seemed suspicious. I would have forgiven this due to the discount price but on close inspection of the goods, and comparison with my current (and definitely genuine) Nintendo nunchuk, I concluded that the product was counterfeit. There were several differences between the products including the quality of the moulding/plastic, differences in the appearance of text and Nintendo logo and differences in the base of the connector cable to name but a few. I immediately contacted the seller and requested a refund so did not test the product, but one can only assume that if it's dodgy on the outside, the electronics on the inside are probably dodgy too.

So here's a WARNING:
Be careful when purchasing from 3rd part sellers, I wrongly assumed that they would all be checked by Amazon and reputable, but that is clearly not the case. Also, do not put up with sub-standard counterfeit tat, it is illegal and helps to support all other kinds of organised crime.

If anyones wondering, I replaced my order, buying from Amazon direct (at a slightly higher price). The item has not arrived yet but I fully expect it to be the real deal!
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2010
I bought this as a christmas gift for my sister and well she will not be pleased to find out that the controller I had in mind did not turn out to be original so I will be getting rid of this, I would also like to thank the seller for misleading people in to buying this trashy version of the original Nintendo Wii controller.
on 14 September 2011
As other reviewer described, the product I received is also NOT a genuine Nintendo nunchuck and not shipped or sold in the case as pictured, but in a typical flimsy transparent plastic bag. Quality is very poor, with some of the buttons didn't work properly.
Buyer beware!!
on 10 February 2011
Hi guys ordered this a week ago off the amazon recommended site and the product is an official wii nunchuk remote, so please keep this in mind when ordering:- Make sure it is indigostarfish.com
Thanks and happy buying. x
on 23 June 2010
Carefull, although this is listed as original Nintendo, the item that arrived was clearly not. The glossy-black is not glossy at all, arrived without any packaging and the logos/markings do not match the one that came with my console. I bought from seller AHMP, but it seems that others have had the same issue with other sellers. OK, so it wasn't too expensive, but still, if it's listed as original, I expect original!!! I've not checked if it works OK or not, but will only then decide if I'm sending it back to Amazon or not. Shame Amazon, why do you allow this to happen!?!
on 2 June 2011
I saw a few poor reviews for imitation wii parts, so was wary about buying them, despite their appealling prices. So I bought this official nintendo nunchuck and, of course, it's fine. I did end up buying 2 non-nintendo wii motionplus pieces from ebay but with a year's guarantee so have a bit of back up in case they go turn out to be rubbish. well they work too, so it's all good.
on 12 January 2011
I have read some people questioning the originality of this controller, but I can say mine came in Original Packaging and am very pleased with purchase, although arrived a week late.