on 16 January 2012
This item is most definately not a Garmin product (or by Garmin, as stated, even the seller's photograph makes it look as though it is (two small holes in the narrow part of the bracket near the ball). When seller contacted they said effectively "what do you expect for £8.99 when the genuine Garmin part would cost you £22.99", but that's not the point other equivalent copies sell on Amazon or Ebay for much less and are probably just as good so check those out first. Seller did offer a full refund, but haven't had time to send it back, and as it's only for our second car, I'm possibly going to live with it, but didn't want others to be mislead as I was.
on 6 October 2013
First a vent mount. Then a cheap suction cup and now this.

If you are going to buy a suction mount then get a good one. No splits, and it's on and off my windscreen like something that goes on and off at least twice a week.
on 13 January 2012
Recently bought a Garmin 1490T with swivel mount. Garmin fits into Mount which is supplied with an adhesive pad to stick to the base of the mount and then stick on the dash. Only problem is the sticky pad doesn't stick - not to our dash anyway.
on 23 September 2011
It looks a bit weird, but I have found it very stable. It is easy to attach satnav, and I like not having to fix a windscreen mount. I can also position it so that my wife can see it too.
on 2 August 2011
I did not realise that there was one included in the pack purchase of the Garmin 1490, however useful for second vehicle.
on 4 March 2014
Too tight, I am worried it will crack my sat nav. Is there anything better on the market? The real think has been discontinued.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2014
i bought this because j needed a second one to leave in my truck what else can i say ?
on 6 September 2014
The cup mount works well with the GARMIN Sat Nav and is easy to use.