on 20 July 2010
My main reason for purchasing this was because I had upgraded my computer from a Windows XP Pro operating system to Windows 7 x64 Pro. The previous adapter I had no longer worked and I needed a replacement quick. I did a bit of research to find a Windows 7 compatible wireless adapter and found that Cisco offered the best range at the time.

This product was easy to install and was indeed compatible with Windows 7 x64. I've not had a problem with it; this adapter offers quick connectivity and fast download speeds with our wireless broadband. In comparison to my old adapter, my download speeds have increased quite significantly.

You won't be disappointed with this product; I can guarantee it will work with Windows 7.
on 3 June 2011
I have two solid concrete walls which no wireless Internet seemed to penetrate. Used in conjunction with the Cisco E4200 it worked better than planned. I can stream HD video without any loss, so worth every penny.
on 10 February 2012
I bought this card based on the user recommendations here on Amazon but I have to say that I am very disappointed. The first card I received was totally dead, so I returned it and was given a new one. This new one installed automatically with no problems in Windows 7 64bit, was detected by windows. Or so I thought. But actually the adapter was permanently disabled and could not be enabled. The linksys cd software was next to useless as well as it was unable to detect that the adapter was correctly installed on the motherboard, claiming it was not properly connected, despite it being detected and correctly installed by windows.

I finally got the adapter to work and talk to my router, in windows (I never got the linksys software to even install as it cannot detect the adapter being installed and will not therefore progress with installation) by disabling everything in the advanced properties of the adapter except for the essentials, but I'm not very happy with its performance- It is causing a problem with my usb mouse, which freezes and stutters when the internet connection is active. My usb keyboard is also having issues (typing this review has been a nightmare as sometimes letters which have been typed are not detected resulting in missing letters in words) Plus, I don't see why I should have to disable the newer networking protocols for an adapter which I just bought. Whe the cnnection works it is much slower than the previous (usb!) adapter I had and and it drops the connection frequntly. The drivers are clearly extremely poor. In fact in order to post this review I had to go and get a wireless gaming adapter in order to remain connected to the internet long enough.

Googling around reveals a number of users have experienced a myriad of problems with this adapter, particularly under Windows 7. Avoid this adapter at all costs. Mine is going straight back to Amazon. It's not fit for purpose.

tl;dr Horrible under windows 7 64bit causing all kinds of problems. Dropped connection repeatedly during course of review, screws with usb connected peripherals. Can't recommend at all.
on 28 October 2011
** This review is partially technical, but will hopefully help others in a similar situation. ** (slightly modified from the Edimax review I wrote earlier)
I previously had an Edimax EW-7612Pin which was supplied pre-installed in a new computer. However it wasn't giving me the performance I needed and I upgraded to a WMP600N-EU - my experience follows:
Using the Edimax card connected to my Linksys WRT160N it connected at a reported 300Mbps (using the 40MHz channel). However, transfer rates were still little more than about 4 or 5MB/sec. I upgraded the WRT160N router to a Linksys E3000 which is a dual band 2.4Ghz/5GHz router. However, the EW-7612PIn is not dual band and is not able to connect at 5Ghz, only 2.4GHz, and for some reason, with the E3000 it would never use the 40MHz channel; this meant that it could never establish a link at 300Mbps, but in fact only 72Mbps, that is, 2.4GHz band with the 20MHz channel. With that, my transfer rates were still limited to 4 or 5MB/sec.

I swapped out the EW-7612PIn card for a Linksys WMP600N-EU which IS a dual band card. With both transceivers on the router configured to broadcast the same SSID, the card was then able to take advantage of the dual band (and of course 5GHz/40Mhz), and despite only connecting at 130Mbps (likely due to obstacles/interference), I saw a significant improvement on transfer rates with tests showing initial transfer rates of 10MB/sec, dropping down to around 7 to 8MB/sec sustained for larger files. I'm not sure why it can't sustain 10MB/sec, but this is still a significant improvement over 4 or 5MB/sec with the Edimax card.

The WMP600N was very easy to install and after first installing the drivers, then the card itself in a standard PCI slot, it then worked straight away - this was under Windows 7 64bit.
on 9 November 2010
I have recently been experiencing dropped connections when using a NetGear wireless card, even though it is coupled to a very good aerial and so I have therefore bought this Wireless-N card.

The WMP600N comes with two aerials which together must give it a dbi gain of one or maybe even two, and the result is that this card functions worse than my other Wireless-G card: it does not even 'see' the network.

Nil desperandum. I know that Wireless-N is an advance over the old B/G standards so I am resolved to buy two more high-gain aerials and connect them to this card.

In short - If you think that by buying this card your wireless network will crackle with enough microwave energy to cook the wasps in flight, you will be disappointed. Try a better aerial first. Or buy this and get two better aerials and then you will be happy (and probably wasp-less).
on 15 November 2011
Having had a running battle with my previous wireless adaptor which was forever dropping out and always ran very slow even on its good days, I read very favourable reviews on Amazon so decided to to change to the Linksys which is the best thing I ever did, the signal is strong and stable and the speed averages 10 times my last adaptor. Great piece of kit which I highly recomend
on 5 October 2014
So we just moved apartment and the phone connection in the living room is broken and out main so rather than pay an engineer £100 to come fix it I decided to go with this adapter.

Great little wireless card and the 5GHZ is ace I am getting pretty much the same speeds as I would by Ethernet directly into the router, however it wasn't just as simple as plug in and play.
At first I couldn't connect to the 5GHZ channel at all so I did the sensible thing and went to the website and found live chat, once I got talking to a rep and they took the serial number etc she told me my warranty had run out, "how is this possible, I only bought it yesterday?" I explained and then after some other details were given she excepted that and carried on lol.
They were quite helpful once I managed to prove the device was still covered and explained that it is best to have your 5ghz channel on a separate SSID so I did this and it worked.

Another minor issue is that the distance this can pick up at lower channels is pretty poor but if you choose manually and slowly work up the channels until you get a decent signal you will be fine, you could just choose the highest channel but it's likely that you will get more drop outs and a slower connection at these frequencies.

So although I had some issues setting it up I have given 4 stars because of the helpful customer service and really good speeds once setup and the fact I can now download steam games at decent speeds of around 4.5MB/S and my girlfriend whose laptop is on the 2.4ghz channel can still surf and watch music is really good and made the move to using WIFI a lot easier.
on 24 July 2013
I installed the card and booted in to the 64bit version of Windows 8 ignoring the set up CD that comes with it. At first only 2.4GHz was showing so i was a little cheesed off but after a reboot the 5GHz side of things was working fine. It seems Linsksys don't support this card any more but the windows drivers worked fine and there are generic drivers available from Railink if you want to get adventurous.

My router (BT HH4) is up against the far wall in the living room and my PC with this card in is up against the far wall in the dining room so there is maybe 30 feet and a wall between the 2. Indicated signal strength using the 5GHz is about half of what i am seeing using 2.4GHz however the 5GHz performance is far better. A Typical speed test using 5GHz is seeing between 68Mbit to 72Mbit where as using 2.4GHz im seeing 35Mbit to 40Mbit.

For £19.99 its a bargain.
on 16 April 2012
my system: Win 7 pro 64bit, 6GB, Huwaie Router N+.

Im a computer technicen so i am head on with the tech details and what to expect from cisco overall,the packaging its self is secure,safe and sufficent. instructions easily labled out simple and clear for novice once installing the H/W & S/W. At first there were issues with the adapter inputting the Network Key, but the problem was resolved and importent to remeber. !!!UPDATE THE DEVICE DRIVER!!! which will resolve any issues regarding the network key or other issues if they did arise. Range and speed is as stated and highly suffeicent for any user with a sufficent ISP network speeds, overall highly pleased with the item highly recommend to anyone looking for a NIC. Especially from a name you can trust.

Ben
on 4 December 2010
I bought this over 2 months ago and I can say happily that I have had next to no problems with it, I'm using a Windows 7 32bit OS. Simply opened up my computer and put it in place, the software installed quickly, I used to be getting 2 bars of signal on my connection, now it is consistently 4 bars.

My computer is simply up stairs from the Router connecting wirelessly, I'm sure I could have gotten something cheaper for what I wanted it to do but overall, hasn't let me down.