Customer reviews

The Ecstatic
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£7.20+ £1.26 shipping

on 23 September 2017
its a 3.5 star album, no black on both sides, but better than his other stuff. few fillers and boring tracks, but its good to hear mos def doing decent music again,
on 3 March 2017
I nearly let this one slip by me. Mighty mos def can't be ignored. He is a leading example of how to lyrically orchestrate and put out and album.
on 6 March 2010
I'm ashamed to admit I thought Mos Def was an actor. After hearing one track on BBC 6 Music, I bought the CD and I'm thrilled with it. Every track is at least good and several are, in my mind, superb. My favourite is Twilite Speedball - who knew massed Tuber's would make a rap song sound so good?!
on 7 January 2010
Love, love love Mos Def. Was gutted when I was too ill to make his London show last year... And this album rocks but I was a little annoyed to hear that several tracks used the same base sounds from Madlib's Beat Conducta in India (one of my fave albums). I love what Mos Def did with the tracks but I'd have prefered something totally new because innovation is what he does best... Still a wicked album though!
on 8 April 2010
I know it's eight years overdue. I know no-one gives a damn about `conscious' hip hop any more. I know there's nothing on there quite as good as `Umi Says'. But whatever, yeah? Kweli's on there. Dilla's on there. Fela's on there. SLICK RICK's on there. If Mos is only capable of making one record this good per decade then I say roll on 2019. Superb.
on 27 March 2013
I bought this album when it came out in 2009 (Currently four years ago) and I have never grown bored of it!

This is unusual for me, my favourite albums of all time are albums i've become obsessed with over a period of perhaps 6 months at the most and listened to loads of times to the point where I know each song so well that I lose interest.

The albums I consider my favourites... I never listen to them anymore! Perhaps the odd song from them every now then but thats it.

This album's different. It wasn't love at first listen but something about it kept drawing me back for another listen - now four years later I love it and listen to the album in full regularly while using my computer.

I firmly believe this album to be a modern classic.
on 12 November 2009
This album has got soul. It's like listening to a 1 Track Song. The fluidity just fuels your listening from A to Z. It is superbly written and the production is awesome. I Love it.
on 29 April 2010
For an album that's starts so strong and continues you to grow and grow, the mighty mos is back after being too long away from creating music. Pure class he is and this album shows how much care and pride he takes in his work. So much depth and meaning in his work. I love it. Each song can hold its own and when together they become a magnificent collection of music. Hip Hop is indeed alive and well and thriving. oh and the great slick rick!!!
on 1 September 2009
Mos def has clearly done it again. tracks like audiotorium will be an instant classic. personally i love audiotorium, supermagic, priority and the embassy. the beats are unreal and he is top of his game. the best music to listen to this summer. Trust me it has a unique and different feel to all the other commercial rappers.
on 13 December 2009
All recording artist aim to do their own version of that one classic that defines what they truly want to produce, the album that sets them up as a classic artist. On the first time I listend to this album I had to listend to it again, it made so much sense to give it a repeat. Instantly I thought it was his finest work, it threw down a guantlet to others, not one single duff track on this album. It ranks along side "3 feet high and rising...", "it takes a nation of millions..", "straight outta compton", "illamatic". I try to think of some songs that can be singled out a true classics from this album "quite dog bite hard" "casa bey" but the album kicks off very well and carries on in the same vein. I would recomend this album to anyone who likes Hip hop but as 50 cent and Eminem still pollute a belching chasm of stale hip hop it get swamped down in the mire of dross which is a shame as this is possibly the album of the year.