on 11 April 2013
I bought these masks because I caught a nasty dose of the flu while on a 12 hour flight in 2012, and spent most of my holiday bedridden. I decided that breathing other peoples recycled air for 12 hours is a bad idea, so invested in these masks.
Evidence is far from scientific (dont know if its really possible for a paper filter to stop a virus) but I have not caught the flu since. I recently flew for 26 hours in an economy class cabin surrounded by no less than five people coughing repeatedly. I look like a complete idiot - but at the end of the day who gets to enjoy their holiday?
Other reviewers have mentioned these come in a zip lock bag. This is true. I am not concerned about whether the bag is sterile, because I am not actually performing surgery with these masks - and if my doctors procure their medical inventory from Amazon, the sterility of the masks would be the least of my concerns.
11 Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2011
I bought these masks for cycling, they are a lot cheaper than actual cycling masks. I look a bit stupid but they do keep the pollution out of my mouth. None have ever broken or come loose. They are also very cheap and the pack will probably last me a whole year.
Happy with this.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 May 2014
I purchased these in case of the viral apocalypse which undoubtedly is a possibility. Perhaps if swine flu mutated and turned all the pigs in the world into zombies. My family and friends may laugh at me, but so far I have not turned into a zombie or a pig so I feel like they are doing their job. Would recommend for any serious survival kit.
11 Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2012
These masks DO NOT come in packs of ten as advertised,but come loose in multiples of ten shoved in to a Jiffy bag. Very disappointed giving the nature of the item I would have thought at the very least they would be protected in some way. Will not be buying from this company again.
on 26 December 2011
The product arrived in timely manner, though I felt given the nature of product, the ought to have been in a sterile packet not just an envelope.
on 9 December 2011
Well the masks arrived and were in a jiffy bag with no inside packaging or wrapper. Considering these are anti virus masks I would have expected them in a more sanitary package. Hmmm.
on 1 August 2013
These are comfortable to wear, i use them to keep excess dust out of my airways when cleaning and they seem to work well. I agree with other reviewers that these masks need to be in a plastic bag rather than put directly into an envelope. Won't order again due to this probably, is the seller taking account of the comments i wonder?
on 12 January 2017
I have low immunity due to chemotherapy and had assumed by the package illustration that I was buying a sealed sterile product which, on inspecting the items that arrived, is clearly not the case, Shame on you putting for putting the lives of people at risk, this not just misrepresentation but not appropriate for a medical/surgical product
on 4 December 2014
The face masks arrived late, not on the estimated delivery date. When i received them they came in a clear plastic bag with no introduction as to what episodes you would wear them. I know with surgical masks you don't need instructions but to know the appropriate time would be beneficial and also what kind of virus/colds it does and do not protect you from. I actually bought these to go with my halloween costume and wouldn't use them to protect myself from any virus because they are very flimsy.
on 28 November 2011
Purchased these for protection against my many allergies. In particular, as protection from inhaling the dust and fluff from the yarn I use for my rug making craft. I need to adjust the length of the ear straps for them to fit my thin face snuggly but they are comfortable to wear and do the job I bought them for, no more coughing and sneezing whilst enjoying my favourite craft. Will be using them in future for all sorts of household jobs such as dusting and decorating. Would recommend.