on 2 April 2017
Excellent newspaper presenting well-balanced up-to-date news and comment and a pleasure to read. C old not be without it.
on 29 August 2017
This is a small faction of the print version; waste of money
Great
on 17 March 2017
Great Writers, informed and sensible opinion.
on 18 September 2015
Can access it daily at most destinations. Summary reporting is excellent to keep upto date.
on 2 December 2011
I've been receiving the telegraph since the beginning of 2011. As a train commuter and with a 3G kindle it's perfectly suited to my needs. As of the 2nd December they have started to include images too (even delivered over whispernet). Rather satisfyingly the service continued uninterrupted during a recent holiday to Goa.

Other comments about editorial are right: the content is good but isn't proofread and so there are the occasional foibles.

I'd recommend it.
11 Comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2010
I'm a bit more positive than most about the Telegraph Kindle edition.
It does what it says on the tin - text, no pictures, and is a compromise between user-friendliness and the fact that it can be delivered worldwide. I was reading mine daily at breakfast on business in the Caribbean recently; I will be doing the same next month in E. Africa. To buy the physical paper in either of these places means tracking one down and then paying over the odds for a three-day-old edition.
It's true that it could be greatly improved. There are many proofreading errors, most likely caused by them using OCR software to scan the finished paper and then simply reformatting the result for Kindle. But then the Telegraph of a couple decades ago was notorious for such basic errors, and was still readable. I also miss the Matt and Alex cartoons, and of course the crossword, but it's more important to me to read the words when I'm in the back of beyond.
The impression I get is that the Telegraph expects most people to buy the iPad edition, and that the Kindle edition is for a tiny minority. If they could be persuaded otherwise it might improve. Meanwhile, as long as I'm travelling I will be subscribing.
on 7 December 2011
Most of the reviews of The Telegraph on Kindle are some months old, with many from 2010. The Telegraph has undergone a major upgrade in the last week or so and there are now good quality photographs, charts and - yes - the Matt cartoon every day. There also seems to be far fewer of those irritating "confusions" where words/sentences/paragraphs jumble together or get placed out of order - no doubt caused by the OCR technology that didn't work too well. Lastly, there seems to be an improved and more comprehensive layout on the index page. This is all excellent - a pleasure to leaf through and outstanding value for money - my wife and I each have Kindles and to get two copies of The Telegraph delivered to the bedroom in time for our morning cuppa for 30p is just brilliant!
on 15 June 2011
Newspapers on the Kindle makes a lot of sense. No wasted paper, no finding the money the going to shop or paying for delivery and the sheer convenience of the Kindle makes a lot of sense.

The reviews made me wary however with a 14-day trial what's not to like.

I've been very impressed with the Telegraph on my Kindle. I was surprised just how good it is!

You get all (virtually all) of the content from the physical paper and it's well organised. The stories fit into logical groups e.g. News, Business, Sport, etc and within these you have a list of stories. It's well set out and easy to navigate. You can either go straight to a particular story or browser from start to finish. It's possible to just turn pages or use the 5-way to jump from one story to the next.

There are no (perhaps one or two) pictures, graphs, etc. Personally I prefer not having them. The pictures don't really add anything to the story apart from a visual draw. I find I'm much more focussed on the copy rather than just looking at the pictures.

The stories are the same, as far as I can tell, as the physical edition. Therefore you get all the news for a fraction of the cost. £9.99 for a whole month, including the weekend editions, is fantastic value. It even saves the last seven days so if you want to go back and re-read then it's simple to do so.

The paper is automatically delivered in the early morning (6:30 is the target). However you need to have your Kindle in a woken up state. If it's in sleep mode the paper won't download until it's woken up. (I'm told newspapers or subscriptions should download in sleep mode. It doesn't on my device). All it means is waking the device up at some point during the morning before you want to read the paper. If it's WiFi only then remember to do it at home before you leave the house.

A knock on bonus is I find more to read than the physical edition. It's possible to just read specific articles but I tend to go from start to end and come across stories I may have missed before.

All in all I've been very impressed.
on 8 March 2017
As some others have mentioned on here, the formatting on the e-ink Kindle version has been off since October 2015 when sections starting being merged, the logo disappeared and text errors starting popping up throughout.

I spoke to the Telegraph who referred me to Amazon who have so far been helpful and have informed me they've passed my detailed comments to the technical team to rectify this. I've also sent them before and after October 2015 photos of the formatting so they can see how it looks now compared to how it should look. Fingers crossed this will finally fix it!

Update - They still say they're working on it as of the end of March. It's been nearly a month now but I remain optimistic..

Update - No longer optimistic as of 10th May. It's now been over two months and I've provided more photos and emails, at their request, explaining what's wrong with the formatting. But I just get automated emails from fictional members of staff saying it's still being looked into. If I reply to them I get another automatically generated email then another one and so on. Looks like I'm being fobbed off now which is a shame.