Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(5 star). See all 347 reviews
on 2 April 2017
Excellent newspaper presenting well-balanced up-to-date news and comment and a pleasure to read. C old not be without it.
on 21 April 2012
I spend most of the year travelling around Europe where the average price of the Telegraph is 4. By the time I've bought 3 I've already paid more than the monthly subscription for this on Kindle.

I used to subscribe to the Guardian (which I still love) as it was the only one that included photos on Kindle but now the Telegraph includes these too and all the weekend magazines. Perfect!

I can't decide whether it's a true substitute for the newspaper but what I do notice is that I actually read every single article whereas sometimes with the broadsheet I skim through them. For me it's a 5* experience. Some people believe that it would be better on, say, the iPad where it's full colour but backlit screens are not comfortable for reading for extended periods of time.

So, conclusion? Take out the 14-day trial to make up your own mind but, if you're like me, you won't cancel it at the end.
Great
on 17 March 2017
Great Writers, informed and sensible opinion.
on 18 September 2015
Can access it daily at most destinations. Summary reporting is excellent to keep upto date.
on 7 December 2011
Most of the reviews of The Telegraph on Kindle are some months old, with many from 2010. The Telegraph has undergone a major upgrade in the last week or so and there are now good quality photographs, charts and - yes - the Matt cartoon every day. There also seems to be far fewer of those irritating "confusions" where words/sentences/paragraphs jumble together or get placed out of order - no doubt caused by the OCR technology that didn't work too well. Lastly, there seems to be an improved and more comprehensive layout on the index page. This is all excellent - a pleasure to leaf through and outstanding value for money - my wife and I each have Kindles and to get two copies of The Telegraph delivered to the bedroom in time for our morning cuppa for 30p is just brilliant!
on 15 June 2011
Newspapers on the Kindle makes a lot of sense. No wasted paper, no finding the money the going to shop or paying for delivery and the sheer convenience of the Kindle makes a lot of sense.

The reviews made me wary however with a 14-day trial what's not to like.

I've been very impressed with the Telegraph on my Kindle. I was surprised just how good it is!

You get all (virtually all) of the content from the physical paper and it's well organised. The stories fit into logical groups e.g. News, Business, Sport, etc and within these you have a list of stories. It's well set out and easy to navigate. You can either go straight to a particular story or browser from start to finish. It's possible to just turn pages or use the 5-way to jump from one story to the next.

There are no (perhaps one or two) pictures, graphs, etc. Personally I prefer not having them. The pictures don't really add anything to the story apart from a visual draw. I find I'm much more focussed on the copy rather than just looking at the pictures.

The stories are the same, as far as I can tell, as the physical edition. Therefore you get all the news for a fraction of the cost. £9.99 for a whole month, including the weekend editions, is fantastic value. It even saves the last seven days so if you want to go back and re-read then it's simple to do so.

The paper is automatically delivered in the early morning (6:30 is the target). However you need to have your Kindle in a woken up state. If it's in sleep mode the paper won't download until it's woken up. (I'm told newspapers or subscriptions should download in sleep mode. It doesn't on my device). All it means is waking the device up at some point during the morning before you want to read the paper. If it's WiFi only then remember to do it at home before you leave the house.

A knock on bonus is I find more to read than the physical edition. It's possible to just read specific articles but I tend to go from start to end and come across stories I may have missed before.

All in all I've been very impressed.
on 8 December 2011
I've just downloaded this and I have to say it is fantastic value. I resisted getting any newspaper aps because of the poor reviews regarding formatting, lack of pictures etc. This revised Daily Telegraph Kindle Edition has no such issues. Easy to navigate, pictures now included, and of course the great writing associated with the Telegraph. All delivered daily direct to my Kindle for only £9.99 per month. Brilliant.
on 3 December 2011
I have to say that the new version is a huge improvement. The pictures make a really big difference and the old problems with formatting and typos appear to be a thing if the past. Hurrah!
on 29 December 2011
With photographs now included it takes a tiny bit longer to download but who cares - we now have Matt. The first thing I read is the obituaries as people with some of the most interesting lives are people that you have never heard of, it is just a shame they have to die before they get that recognition. The news is well laid out and easy to navigate the only exception being the obituaries which I found hidden in Features. For the price this is a bargain (not that I am encouraging them to put the price up) which gives you seven days a week content and the ability to look back through recent older editions via Kindle's archive feature. Looking through the reviews here a lot of them predate the recent improvements.