on 2 May 2014
As a church choir member, I love Handel's Messiah and sing along with the most familiar choral works as often as possible. I think it is beyond brilliant!
on 18 November 2015
on 13 December 2012
Very cheap for so much music. But I would have liked the names of the soloists, and some of the tempi are on the slow side.
on 13 March 2015
The only problem I have with this is that it would not play 4 tracks on my tablet saying an internet connection was needed yet it played all the other tracks. Apart from that a very good buy
on 8 November 2012
This is an excellent recording of Handels Messiah. The orchestra,soloists and choirs are all excellent. The value for money is fantastic. Downloading was quick and trouble free.
on 12 December 2012
Slightly disappointed, tempo very slow. Downloaded after listening too an excellent live (whizzy) version at the weekend. Good quality recording, interpretation just too slow for me.
on 30 November 2012
Very good value. Good Orchestra & Choir. Would like to be told who the soloists are though. I'll have to google it!
on 22 December 2014
Excellent!
on 30 April 2014
I bought this version of the Messiah back in the early sixties. It was one of my favourites then and still is. I was very pleased to find that at last, I could buy it on CD/MP3. I have several complete sets of the Messiah and would not like to be without any of them. This version is the one I play and enjoy the most. I would buy it at full price, let alone the very reasonable price being asked. The performances by all concerned stand up, and in some cases surpass any of the others I have heard. Why, when going to the trouble of producing a CD they omit the names of the performers is very strange. So, for those who would like to know, the soprano is April Cantelo, contralto, Helen Watts, tenor, Wilfred Brown, Bass, Roger Stalman, Harpsichord, George Malcolm, organ, Harold Darke, Choirmaster, Frederick Jackson, London Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir, conductor Walter Susskind.
on 10 May 2014
Wonderful music my desert island discs I could listen to this over and over again. I never get tired of listening to every track.