on 4 March 2017
Solved my blocked bath problem - it was a disgusting experience - but it worked :)
on 4 July 2011
Recently, my drain got clogged. I tried to use exactly the same model of drain cleaner, but it turned out to be completely useless. Once it got into the pipe, it started tangling itself instead of going any deeper - the metal is too soft and bendy, it's going to bounce off any blockage (for instance: elbow, bottom of the trap) and tangle itself into a mess. You're much better off with any old auger your grandpa used.
on 1 September 2014
Before I purchased this I did not expect it to go around my bathroom sink u bend and I knew the blockage was beyond it. ( in my view the best and quickest way to unblock the bathroom sink or kitchen u bend is to take it to bits, clean it out and reassemble, The bath u bend in often inaccessible)
Speaking as an engineer I noted there was no specification given for the diameter the wire it was made from or the outer diameter of the coiled up wire, but from the picture I could see the end which does the work was pulled out to make it flexible. This was the point which made me purchase.
There is a similar product widely available and I have had one for 10 years. it claims to clear drain pipes, it works very well on outside big pipes but not on 30mm inside pipes as it is far to stiff to go round a 90 degree bend let alone a u bend. that product is made from 16SWG (1.7 mm dia) wire coiled to 6.5 mm outside diameter.
This product under review is made from 19SWG (1.1 mm dia) wire coiled to 4 mm outside diameter. It is therefor much more flexible.
My blockage was 1.5 metres from the u bend in a double bend. To get there it had to go around a 90 degree bend soon after I inserted it into the pipe after I had removed the u bend. it went 2.5 meters into the 30mm pipe and did the job very well.
Other people have said that the wire will fold up on itself. This is true and for that reason it was a 2 person job. One needs to stand the length of the wire from the handle to keep it strait while the other person feeds it into the pipe, otherwise it will fold up.
As I say it did my job well, the full sink to empty time went from 60 secs to 20 secs.
As an extra I did try to see if it would go around the u bend, as I expected it did not. It may do a bath u bend as it is a larger diameter.
I had also tried the expensive Drain and Pipe Liquid cleaners, to me they did not work even left overnight.
on 2 January 2011
I bought this in order to clear my block sink, plug hole which it did. Im very happy with the product even do its a messy job.
on 3 May 2014
...Good for simple fat-based blockages in sinks,
not for anything major or tough, for anything other
I recommend you purchase the larger version...

wooddragon45
on 23 April 2014
I used this on my sink had to take all the pipes apart found it was hard to get it around bends only buy if the problem is on a straight pipe
on 28 February 2014
Does the job brilliantly and it xa be reused when needed. It is not a tool for plumbers only. Anyone can use it. Pleased with my purchase.
on 10 January 2014
"The product was delivered fast and matched its description. It wasn't an easy job getting it down the drains, but I managed to get it down and unblock them. In general I'm satisfied with the product."
on 26 April 2014
It twisted together when I used it for the plughole. How does it work around the bend area in the pipe? i believe it doesn't
on 15 May 2011
happy with this item it does what it does on the pack it was cheap and no postage to pay and is reusable worth keeping for the future i used this on my sink pipe it was blocked with coffe and dirt from the washing machine as its connected to the sink i did have to disconect the pipe from under the sink to get besty results that took me a whole of 3 mins i would recomend this for any novice for that price compare to paying a plummer its a great buy