on 31 October 2015
I can listen to this as a result of my Prime membership.

What can one say? This is a performance of a masterpiece by England's greatest composer performed by a conductor who was a friend and a champion and a superlative interpreter of Elgar. From the slight rubato of the opening bars to the glorious self-portrait finale, this is a wonderful experience. It takes me back to the two or three times, in my youth, when I stood with the Promenaders enraptured by the Enigma Variations being conducted by Sir Malcom Sargent.
on 28 January 2013
I feel a bit uncomfortable being asked to give star ratings "to Elgar's Enigma Variations" I mean, what can you say? " crap, but he shows a bit of promise"?!

Yes I do realise what you meant, Amazon! The speed of delivery (online download) was lightning fast, and the price of this great masterpiece (87p) was ridiculous. How could the product and the service possibly have been better?
on 24 September 2014
I know very little about classical music (about any music actually!) all I know is that I just loved this... the whole piece flowed and 'rolled' no jarring, jagged pieces in there at all, and 'Nimrod' well there were tears in my eyes. Would recommend this to anyone.
on 22 June 2016
Bit of a scratchy old recording but if you don't mind that (I do a bit) its a great performance.
on 10 January 2016
This recording is as good as I expect it tobe. A worthwhile buy from a competent seller.
on 30 July 2015
One of my favourites and well interpreted by Sir Malcolm and the LSO. Excellent.
on 19 March 2016
Not the best recording but good playing
on 24 September 2015
Sir Malcolm was a truly great conductor
on 8 March 2013
This is a classic rendition of Elgar's Enigma Variations with Sir Malcolm Sargent at the helm. I just feel the recording lacks depth.
on 28 January 2013
If you like your music with feeling and passion This is the one, England as it use to be. proud to be English !!!