on 6 November 2009
I received this TV today after going to various stores locally and it is as good as it looks.
I compared it to Sony, Panasonic, Sharp and Toshiba and my eyes were drawn to the clarity of this model.
It didnt take long to set up. Initially the picture quality of the TV was disappointing but we were not hooked up to HD. When I connected to Xbox the whole package came alive. You feel like you are there. The sharpness of the image is incredible. The black contrast, which is so often poor, is good and easy to adjust to your liking.
I am the kind of person who sets things up then looks at the manual. I hardly read a word!
Highly recommended.
11 Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2010
We have owned this tv for about three months now after doing what seemed like endless research on just about every review site and forum going. In the end we just took the plunge and made the purchase and we are so glad we did. The tv is beautiful to look at and does not dominate the room. It is simple to set up and my husband is the type who usually spends days fiddling with the remote to get the picture 'just so'. With this tv we did not need to do this and a small tweak of the factory settings was all it needed. As with all programmes, the quality of the picture depends on the quality of the broadcast, but with many Sky films abd documentaries the picture quality is simply stunning! Blacks are deep black and the other colours are way better than I have ever seen before. We have a friend who is a tv 'geek' and he was bowled over by the quality. Sound quality takes a bashing on some review sites but this is inevitable given the thin frame of the tv. It is certainly good enough for 'normal' viewing and if you couple the tv up to a home cinema system (in our case a new Panasonic with blu ray) then the results are spectacular. If you are dithering about buying, go ahead and take the plunge - you won't be disappointed!
on 2 February 2010
The picture quality on this TV is brilliant, the sound is perfectly acceptable (it really is perfectly acceptable sound to use for everyday watching - it certainly is NOT as bad as some reviewers make out!), and the connectivity is outstanding.

This TV is absolutely perfect for anyone looking for a TV to wall mount (as I have done, using this kit: Samsung WMN1000B Ultra Slim Wall Mount), as it really is so very slim.

All-in-all a very good TV for a great price.
on 5 January 2010
Beautiful TV. A wonderful picture. No problems to get all the Freeview channels. Works like a dream with the Blu-ray player. I had no problems to connect a computer to it. I just wish it offered more sound output options.
on 29 April 2010
I have been looking around various dealers for a large screen telly for some time but was never impressed with the pictures. I was advised to go for this model so I took the plunge and ordered it from Amazon, it arrived on time, after a very straight forward set up I was absolutely blown away with the picture quality even in our brightly lit sunroom. I then hooked up the Blu Ray player and I still watch the superb picture quality with a large grin on my face, it really is BRILLIANT

DELIGHTED DELIGHTED DELIGHTED
on 2 August 2010
Excellent quality for all viewing!
Excellent price!
Supplier was very quick to despatch/deliver.
No hesitation in buying similar and using this supplier.
Have recommended to others already!
on 10 October 2010
I've been looking for the last six months for a new TV to replace the old Sony 28inch CRT and this one is it.
The installation from new is easy but all the other facilities will take you about a week to sort out, so be patient!
You will like the Freeview HD on the LED screen, absolutely fantastic, full maks to Samsung it feels like a monitor of outstanding quality!

It's a pitty you can not record a programme to USB or external hard drive (me thinks they left this one to the 7000-series 3D version).
on 10 April 2010
This TV certainly gives the wow factor - it looks great hung on it's ultra thin mount in our kitchen. Purchase, delivery and installation were all easy. Only downside is the sound is not fantastic. I am sure I could rig up alternative speakers but I want to retain the clean look. Overall very satisfied
on 14 March 2010
I like most spent a long time deciding which TV to go for. I have has two Samsung's previously and always been fairly impressed with the picture quality. I had narrowed down my choices to the Sony W5500 and the Samsung B650 LCD which are both excellent TV's and pack loads of features. However all that changed when I saw this set being offered with the £100 cashback. It was still more expensive than the other TV's I was looking at but I thought it was worth the extra money.

I definitely made the right choice. The first thing which strikes you is the design. The slim chassis looks wonderful and after a very easy setup I felt like I had bought a premium product. The picture quality on freeview is good but I would recommend calibrating it properly as certain colours can look oversaturated. There is also a bit of judder which pops in occasionally but it is not anything to worry about. The black levels are good and I, unlike others, have not noticed to much bleeding from the LED lighting even in very dark scenes. It is also very light for a TV of this size.

Running anything in HD through this TV looks amazing and this is where it really shines. The pictures are pin sharp and the colours are vivid. The 100Hz picture processing also makes everything look very smooth in slowly panning shots.

The sound is really not that bad. I find it fine for everyday watching but if your looking for a real cinema experience I would recommend a home cinema system as there is not much rumble from the onboard speakers.

This TV lacks some of the internet features which the more expensive models have but they don't really justify the extra expense in my opinion.

Overall I am extremely happy with this TV and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone at this price point.
on 9 March 2010
After reading other reviews I opted for this fantastic tv. Beautiful clear picture vivid colours deep deep blacks. Easy set up with tv software. Looks stylish as well and nice size but not overpowering. Not a real criticism but may need two people to connect to stand. Bought this with Samsung blu ray cinema system - work brilliantly together. 100% satisfied and fantastic next day service from Amazon.