Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 22 May 2017
Top esoteric price and recording
on 13 May 2017
ok
on 14 July 2014
Present for my brother, thinks it's great.
on 25 February 2017
good sale
on 13 May 2015
ok
on 11 May 2008
The first major solo album and a great epic championed to a rock audience by the greatly missed Alan "Fluff" Freeman. Good themes with lots of monk style cloister vocals, scary synth effects and three absolute highlights: the Jon Anderson sung "So long ago so clear" -one of the very best songs he has ever written (and I am counting all his Yes classics) and sung - beautifully. The other stand outs are a galloping synth theme which has a Ride of the Valkries type feel and the main theme itself. There is a great atmosphere throughout moving from themes of dread and joy echoing the work with his previous 60s group on the classic 666.

The only downside and the reason why I have not awarded five stars, is that there are only two track entry points on the CD, so the three tracks I have referred to above are not listed and can not be accessed separately. I am sure there were at least two-three track points on each side of the vinyl album, even if the tracks had no individual names. This CD urgently needs remastering, including new additional track entry points so that you can easily access favourite sections.
on 25 January 2016
High quality item as described.
on 26 October 2014
Very good early album by Vangelis that contains the sublime music from Carl Sagan's TV Series Cosmos.

Superb keyboard playing but some of it may not appeal to the mainstream soundtrack fan as quite dense and impenetrable so I've docked it one star for self indulgence in certain passages.

However, it improves on repeated playbacks.

Still a very good, highly recommended album.

A must buy.
on 16 January 2013
I bought this album on vinyl when it first came out in 1975 and have played it regularly ever since. It is one of the best of his early recordings. I reluctantly decided to buy the CD version as my vinyl copy is now showing its age. The CD is better than I thought it would be, in fact it is very good indeed. If you are not familiar with the genius that is Vangelis and want to give him a try this is the place to start.
on 4 February 2015
I had originaly had this album on vinly and was bowled over with its depth and performance wich to my mind pushed the electronic music field along into another world. Older, and having more of a range of tastes, I revisited this album and had mixed reactions to it. It has it's good sections and indiferent sections, althought it could mean I'm much more jaded now in my approach to music of my youth.