on 21 May 2013
When this was bought instructions were followed to the letter for the download process. However, it stopped partway through the process and would not fully load. We got absolutely nowhere with Acer who wanted us to pay additional funds to get the computer either back to them. Amazon were far better, custom support was excellent and the netbook was sent back. Unsurprisingly, we didn't buy a second and I would not touch Acer products again after my experience of their customer support
on 3 November 2010
I have had one of these for a few months now, primary because i wanted an XP OS and it really is an addictive netbook. I also own a 16" laptop and desktop but find myself using this all the time. Its quick enough to browse the web, watch youtube video's, iplayer and sky player without any quality problems, but obviously not HD. The keyboard may be a bit small for someone with big fingers and the mouse pad is not huge, but they both have an easy action. Battery life during web browsing is about 2 1/2 hours. The netbook gets warm on your lap but not overly hot and the cpu fan exits on the left hand side. The screen quality is excellent and the images crisp and sharp. The only real downside is the sound quality (As on most netbooks) so a set of headphones is essential for music. If you want a compact machine that will do everything you want (Obviously not gaming) with good build quality, Great value, windows BEST operating system and an excellent screen look no further.
5 people found this helpful
on 19 June 2011
I actually like my dinky little notebook, it is pretty good for what I wanted it for - giving presentations and checking email. It doesn't have a huge brain and gets slow when i've loaded anything large onto it (eg big files of images) and i'll be honest it isn't a substitute for a full size laptop. But it was a complete bargain price and weighs so little I can bung it in my handbag or briefcase easily and without neckache! Job done.
on 19 January 2010
What a fab little thing! I bought this for home use, mostly for internet access but its great for everything else. Its quick and responsive, the screen is clear, set-up is easy, it has Windows XP and even comes with 9 months free McAfee anti virus software. The best purchase i have made in a long time and not too badly priced either.
Brilliant!
7 people found this helpful
on 24 May 2011
I bought this for travelling and it was very light and compact, which was useful for travelling. I noticed lots of other travellers with the same model. I've had problems with it freezing and crashing but that might be my set up rather than the equipment. Battery life is actually about 2 hours maximum.
on 18 September 2010
I bought this to take with me on a long trip so that I could keep in touch with email etc and with friends via Skype.
It is exactly what I needed and at the price provides more than I expected. The screen is clear and really sharp and the keyboard is big enough for my inexpert fingers. I have used the webcam for a skype conversation and it worked well in poor lighting conditions.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 October 2010
I had previous knowledge of computers developing blue or black screen,but after working extremely well for six weeks from new, this model developed white screen.I don't know
the cause but it seems there is absolutely nothing one can do about it; other than return it to Amazon-another procedure which Amazon manages with wonderful efficiency.
on 26 November 2014
Great little machine, worth the money
on 29 January 2010
This notebook is excellent value for money; neat size and nice looking in sapphire blue. Easy to use and very portable.
2 people found this helpful