Size: Medium|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 4 May 2016
Best base layer I have ever owned for sports. I use it on cold evenings when playing football and it keeps me warm at the start but wicks away sweat once I get going. I normally get itchy with base layers but this one I dont even notice I'm wearing. The fit is perfect, I bought a medium and I'm 5ft 11 and average build.
on 24 January 2016
Excellent piece of clothing. Its warm comfy and it doesnt smell after 1 hour like my other helly hansen man made fibre thermal tops.Also it holds together better than the man made fibre tops and you are not a walking ball of static. It seems like a lot of money but during winter its brilliant and means you can cut out bulky jackets and go for thinner gore tex/rain proof shells.Almost make me sad when summer comes round and i have to take it off.
on 2 May 2015
A pretty robust and warm merino top. Out of the five different merino tops I wear, this is no.2 on my list for warmth and comfort.
Good for runners and other outdoor pursuits, but goes well with an outer layer.
on 1 January 2015
Use this for diving under my Drysuits undersuit and it works real well as it traps all the heat. Yes I would recommend it as I have tried many of these and it works real well with North Face bottoms as the Helly Hanson bottoms just don't cut it.
on 26 March 2014
I absolutely love this top. I needed something for early spring mornings and this does the job perfectly. Fit is spot on - I maybe could have chosen a size down as it is supposed to be fitted. I normally find wool extremely irritating next to my skin but the merino in this top is obviously separated from the skin. Highly recommended.
on 17 February 2014
I bought this last summer ready for use this winter and I've found it to be brilliant. Even though we've not had much freezing weather this winter, its kept me warm and cosy during the day, even outside. You can also wear them for a couple of weeks without stinking. If you buy two, as I did, you'll be able to stay toasty warm all winter.
on 17 April 2014
Used on a skiing trip in March to the Alps. I am a 46" chest and this XXL fitted well, being slightly loose. No problems with feeling cold or too hot. I washed it each night and it was dry by the following morning. I would recommend.
on 12 August 2012
I purchased two of these tops, 2 years ago and fell in love with them; they are absolutely perfect for Scottish weather.

Now purchasing two more from Amazon, I find they have changed:

1. The material is slightly thinner and different (57/43 instead of 51/49 Wool/Lifa mix).
2. The material is slightly itchy as opposed to silky smooth.
3. The cut is different:
i. The neck is too small.
ii. The cut under the armpit has narrowed making it feel slightly restricting (and feels like their Lifa-dry cut)
This is odd as I am average-slim build (Size L), and the previous cut was perfect but nonetheless body-hugging, so I can see no reason why Helly Hansen would be motivated to narrow the cut.

Oh, and there is a 1 inch hole in the side-seam.

Basically Helly Hansen have altered a virtually perfect product.
I would much prefer to pay £35-40 for the old product than £22.50 for this new one.

I am now desperately running around trying to find suppliers with old stock.
Please message me, if you know any source!
on 11 January 2011
After listening to some frineds about HH base layer, I decided to buy one for those cold days...really impressive!
Smooth, very light, but still protective from harsh days in winter time.
I strongly recommend it for those riders who don't stay home when temperature are on minus side...
on 25 January 2013
Having read other reviews, especially about the itchy nature of the product because of the higher Merino Wool content, I was slightly concerned as I am sensitive to wool next to my skin, but decided to take a gamble. However I have worn this throughout this cold spell (although I purchased it for a trip to Scandinavia this winter), and it has been excellent. I also read, when I received the garment, that the Merino wool is on the outside of the garment, with the polypropylene next to the skin, so I have had no problems with itchiness at all. Decided on four stars because (i) it smells under the arms more than I anticipated from the blurb, and (ii) I am not sure whether it will be OK when I am in more severe weather conditions.

See one answered question