on 28 November 2010
This dvd is brilliant. I used to watch this programme in the late 60s / early 70s. I have had my 2nd childhood watching this. It just shows that humour does not change. If you laughed at this the first time then you will laugh at this again. I am young 47yr old and has really laughed out loud at the wacky characters.You will not be disappointed.
on 16 August 2016
Awesome! One of the most memorable and much loved shows of my childhood!
on 8 June 2013
This is classic series from the 60's/70's that I remember from when I was wee lad. The DVDs contain the 36 half hour re-edited syndicated show, not the original "The Banana Splits Adventure Hour". The half hour format is not bad at all. The quality of the video is surprisingly good.

All the good bits are there - Arabian Nights, Musketeers, Danger Island. The Sour Grapes Bunch in their groovy purple mini dresses. And, of course, the tripadelic set and corny jokes galore.

I'm happily swimming in nostalgia with this DVD set. We're trying to limit our viewings to one show every Saturday morning, but the cliff hangers make it difficult! Oh no, Link has been blown up by the pirates! What ever will they do?
on 5 April 2014
The heady days of the 60s are back with those lunatics, The Banana Splits. Lalala lalalala. You must remember it. In the 1970s it was on every Saturday morning. Life was so bliss back then. Great quality purchase to bring back those lovely memories.
on 17 November 2014
All the sparkle, laughter, stupidity, fun filled times you recall are here. So on one of those wet Saturday mornings, get up, leave your jim jams on and lay on the sofa with a cuppa and toast and jam, to revel in a bygone era ! Ahhhh those were indeed the days : )
on 17 December 2013
Remembered this from the long summer scholl holidays in early 70`s, this started the day for me and my sister. A great favourite and I bought this for my grandson he loves the show especially the cartoon and sequel style live actions serials. What a bargain at £10.
on 7 May 2010
Fantastic. I watched this over thirty years ago and it was old then.
Made from 1968 this manic childrens comedy show can only have been written in a time when LSD was viewed as being an aid to creativity.
The banana splits themselves are ageless , the costumes will never be out of fashion because they were never in fashion. The humour ranges from slapstick to self mocking and my son found the same silly jokes as hilarious as I did years ago.
A must see is "Danger Island" , a series within the show,with acting so bad and a plot so dire that I found myself rewinding the DVD to remind myself that production values could be so wonderfully woeful. It is so bad it is good.
Aload of DVD'S in the one box , this is a great buy and within three to four episodes you will be singing along to the theme tune.
on 15 February 2017
Haven't watched this yet, but I ordered it as I loved watching this in the 70's and was a great part of my growing up.
on 16 August 2016
Love it. I got this for my dad as he loved them as a kid. He was over the moon when he opened them on his birthday.
on 23 February 2017
This took me back to those long, care free days during the summer school holidays way back in the early 1970's.
Lovely to watch again.