on 27 November 2014
I'm dyslexic, which means a weak short term and working memory as opposed to simply just 'having poor spelling' as many perceive dyslexia to be. In a bid to help, I thought I'd give MorEPA a try around 5 or 6 years ago after doing a bit of research around the effects of EPA, DHA etc in dyslexics. At the time it seemed to help, but the improvements were so gradual that it was difficult not to just write it off as a placebo effect or put it down to other factors such as diet or sleep (the latter being particularly influential with me).

It wasn't until I fell out of the habit of buying it regularly that one day it suddenly became apparent that there had been a drastic dip in my concentration, short-term memory and mood to what I'd become used to. I was trying to think of changes in my diet and lifestyle that could be having an impact on feeling this way, but when I really thought about it the only significant change was that I'd stopped taking MorEPA. This pattern of stopping followed by eventual realisation has repeated a few times over the past half decade and again most recently when I moved house and didn't order more. Once again, within a few days of re-starting my daily intake I have noticed a real uplift, particularly in my mood this time. This recent lapse is what has promoted me to write this long overdue review.

I'm completely convinced now that these do have an impact *on me* with my dyslexia but also on my general mood; obviously your own mileage may vary and I doubt this would have the same impact on everybody. It's not something I would naturally recommend to everyone, especially at the price, but I do mention it to those with dyslexia and other more minor learning/attention difficulties. I won't let myself go without these again - why won't Amazon let me add it to Subscribe & Save? However, I've decided I'll trial taking it every other day instead of one a day and seeing what the results are like as it's expensive and possibly contains more than the body is able to efficiently make use of at once. I'll update with my experiences.
on 11 June 2012
Best quality fish oil with a great 7:1 ratio of EPA to DHA.

Nothing actually comes close in quality.

An interesting side point is that it's one of the few brands that don't actually wrap that Omega 3 goodness in a capsule made from gelatin derived from meat - which is amazing for people like me who don't eat meat.
I was looking for top quality Omega 3 capsules. I bought some at Holland & Barrett a few months ago but there was no explanation of the content of EPA and DHA. When I run out I decided to look for a quality product instead. And after reading several reviews I went for the Minami: what a difference!! EPA 580mg and DHA 120mg. Top quality and super fast delivery. Very happy !!
on 8 November 2013
If you are looking at EPA supplements for mental health, then to get the amount of EPA used in the trials for schizophrenia, depression and ADHD, you would have to take something like 6 capsules three times a day - in the process taking in lots of fats you didn't need. This product gives over 1g EPA (not 1g omega-3) in two capsules a day. And they smell like oranges, which helps swallowing them if you are sensitive.
I'm sure this stuff helps my mood. The only product I prefer is PlusEPA, which is even more highly concentrated, but even more expensive!!
on 1 February 2011
My son has been taking this for years to help his focus and tendancy to dry skin. It is terribly expensive and so every now and then we try to do without it.I notice the difference when he hasn't taken it for a while. The difference in his behaviour is subtle but definitely there. I think his dry skin is a bit better too. Easy to take and he has never complained about swallowing the capsules or a funny taste. I make sure we always have a supply now.
on 14 August 2011
Reading the little blurp above I was lead to believe that 75% of the tablets contained omega-3 fatty acids, each carrying 580mg EPA and 83mg DHA per tablet. After I received the tablets the actual packaging/container read 80% omega-3s with 580mg EPA and 120mg DHA, as well as 100mg of 'other' omega 3s.
1111 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 February 2016
I first purchased these fish oil capsules when I was diagnosed with Dry Eye. My Optometrist advised me to get good quality fish oil. I did a lot of research on fish oil supplements and this one came out as one of the top ones to use. They do seem expensive but are worth the price as they seem to have helped my dry eyes and I only use my drops now when I need them. I also think they help my joints. I am now on my third bottle.
on 24 March 2016
I've been using MorEPA for about 3 weeks when I noticed that there was a distinct fishy smell every time I opened the bottle. So, after reading up on this, I cut open a couple of capsules and there was a very strong fishy smell. This means that the fish oil has gone rancid. Now, apart from this being unpleasant it is =damaging to our health as rancid fish is oxidised fat that causes inflammation.

I'm disappointed as the EPA/DHA dosage is perfect for me but I will not be buying MorEPA again. There's something wrong with their packaging/processing that leads to rancid fish and they try and cover it up by adding an orange coating to the capsules.
on 19 April 2012
After heart surgery I was told to eat plenty of oily fish. I am not fond of the fishy aftertaste so thought I would try fish oil capsules. After a lot of research came across Minami good fats. After taking them for three weeks I feel my mood has lifted, no fishy taste and the bonus that cholesterol test much improved after four years of trying to get it below 4. Very pleased -shame they are so expensive as I will need them for the rest of my life.
on 26 April 2014
Quality definitely, easy to take, value for money as I expect to pay more than the high street shops for this better quality and ratio. No after taste what so ever. Only ever repeated on me once when I hadn't eaten all day. Apart from that most of us eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at some time so should never really repeat. Excellent item and will continue to use this brand its great.