on 11 February 2014
Excellent collection of all Syl Johnson records on Hi. Amazing strong material with the Hi band backing this great diverse soul/blues singer! We Did It, I Let A Good Girl Go are among the stand out tracks.
If you like this be sure to check out the Complete Mythology set of Syl on Numero Group records.
Syl seems to be little-known here. Certainly my circle of friends and family don't know the name. I picked up one of his albums in the 1980s as a teenager, and didn't quite get his style. I listened again more recently, and suddenly completely understood what his music was all about. I won't bore you with my views on that, except to say that his take on blues and soul are full of energy and feeling. He really does "get down" as they say.

My only gripe about this collection is that it misses out my favourite Syl track - Ms Fine Brown Frame.
on 1 March 2013
I enjoyed one of Syl Johnson's tracks on the radio the other week, then put his name in Amazon and found this great CD. It is easy listenening while driving my car. I recommend this CD to buy.
on 17 November 2015