Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£11.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 10 December 2016
Though I was long past my school days for this album, it did sum up my bachelor days
on 30 March 2017
Good selection of songs, not the usual ones you get on an 80's compliation which is a nice change.
on 2 April 2017
GREAT
Can't believe there is no track listing on Amazon.

So I made one.
I really hope this helps you decide if this is the set for you.

If you see any mistakes just add a comment in the comments box and I will chamge it.

Track listing

17. Breakaway - Ullman, Tracey
18. Baby I Don't Care - Transvision Vamp
19. Do The Hucklebuck - Coast to Coast
20. Agadoo - Black Lace
66 Comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2009
I am a child of the 80's and love all the music that came from that decade. I've been looking for a good all-around collection of music and I think this fulfills that wish.

Out of 100 songs, if there are only half that you like, it's still a great collection. There are only a few songs that I don't really remember but that wasn't a problem for me. It's still really great to listen to and I've really enjoyed having it.

I makes me wish shoulder pads and big hair would come back into style again :).
on 8 February 2010
As ever there are a couple of tracks that just shouldn't have been allowed first time round and should never ever be allowed to see the time of day again. However most are excellent - nostalgia kicks in and you're singing away.
Good value for money!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 20 February 2013
Let's face it, any 80s compilation that has the brass neck to include 'Agadoo' amongst its track listings (albeit occupying the very last musical slot available) deserves at least a second look. If for no other reason than to see if something even worse has been shoved into one of the other discs. Although having said that, I rather like Black Lace's masterpiece. It's certainly a refeshing change to find it on one of these boxsets. It seems to have been at the expense of Nena and her 99 Balloons, a song whose presence as some kind of lucky charm on virtually every single 80s compilation seems to be the equivalent of getting the Queen to come and smash a bottle of Champagne over it. Weird.

Actually, there's no sign of 'Down Under' either. I must have thirty different copies of that track, thanks to my obsession with buying 80s compilation CDs. Ah, but we have another copy of 'Love and Pride' to soften that blow. And 'Come On Eileen'. And the quite marvellous but equally ubiquitous Bananarama number, 'Venus'. That's fine though, because a man can never have too many copies of that. Actually, as compilations go this one does stray from the well-beaten path in a really most agreeable way - the presence of Chris de Burgh's rather stomach-churning 'Lady In Red' being an obvious exception.

This collection is packed full of memorable and well-known 80s hits. Even the ones that are difficult to like will still be instantly recognisable. I'm seeing Chris de Burgh again there, but I really wish I wasn't. Diana Ross, let's talk about her. 'Upside Down' is probably the main reason why I bought this collection. It's a song with fairly naff lyrics, all things considered. But the music itself is out of this world. Especially the last sixty seconds or so of it. For some reason, no radio DJ currently in employment is able to resist yammering away over the course of that minute, so that you never actually hear the track properly all the way through. Unless, of course, you buy this boxset...
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2016
Being a child of the 80's and an obsessive collector of 80's compilations, I came across this collection. Reluctant to purchase another compilation of predictable hits, I viewed the track listing & was pleasantly surprised. All the usual stuff that everyone has a million times already, wasn't there as much, and was instead replaced with other tracks that are more harder to come by. Yes, there are one or two regulars that pop up, but there are some absolute hidden gems, pretty good considering that there are 100 songs across the 5 discs. Everyone will have their favourites (although anyone admitting to having 'agadoo' amongst their favourites has serious issues!). Personal favourites for me here include; Grandmaster Flash, Michael Sembello, Tom Tom Club, Sharpe & Numan, Alyson Williams, Ollie & Jerry (not heard in years!) & Levert. CD 3 is my favourite & could have been a compilation in it's own right! These are just a few of my favourites, but the whole set is packed with great stuff. As all my many 80's cd's go, this is up there with the best. The title & artwork is a little naff, which may cause a few people to overlook it, but well worth a go, put it on, remember when you never had a care in the world & enjoy!!
on 2 September 2014
I bought this with 'I Grew Up In The 80s' CD and I have to say I have an extensive 80s collection now! This is 5 CDs with slightly varying genres and styles of music on each CD. Also, there are some more unusual song choices, which I liked. Definitely buy this if you want a good 80s collection.
on 25 March 2014
OMG ! This album brought so many memories flooding back, only downside is I find it impossible to play it unless its blasting, nothing to do with the album its just so I can sing at the top of my voice without upsetting the neighbours !!! Really is a feel good album, HIGHLY recommended.