on 1 April 2010
After much research both online and in magazines for 5 star reviews only, and regardless of the price, i opted for this because it had a 5 star review from various sources and was a very cheap price. I have to say im delighted with my choice. So so so so easy to "set up", HD lead from player to tv, plug in to power and "wallah" watching dvd in seconds. Combined with a good HD TV, absolutely stunning picture quality acchieved. Pretty sleek looking too. Well pleased, BUY BUY BUY.

PS: Iwas originally looking to buy my tv and hd player from the same manufacturer but opted for a Samsung tv (after days of reviewing) and they work beautifully together.

Sony BDPS360 Profile 2.0 Blu-ray Player with BD Live
on 31 December 2009
This Blu-ray player will not cut it as a replacement for your DVD player, if you care about aspect ratios that is. Try to watch anything in 4:3 and the picture will automatically be stretched to 16:9, with no option to switch between aspects as the function is disabled. If Sony Bravia HD TV's are clever enough to show you DVD signals in their original aspect as a default setting, surely you would expect this from a Blu-ray player. It would have softened the blow a little if Sony had been kind enough to provide us with an HDMI cable, at least then I wouldn't have the hassle of getting behind my TV unit to switch to my Xbox 360 so I can watch classic Doctor Who. I cannot complain about the price however, and the player itself looks really pretty on the shelf...just be prepared for anything made in full frame being forced to widescreen when purchasing Blu-ray discs, notably TV shows made before the late 90's.
|44 Comments|Report abuse
on 28 January 2010
Got it for a bargain price before Amazon put it up up and away into plus £110 bracket !!
Good way to get into Blu Ray and very pleased with how it works .Now to get the discs which seem to be appearing at good prices .
Yes i'd buy another but not at the high price may be it'll drop again with the new range out later this year so keep your eyes the price Didn't give it five stars as picture is only as good as my Toshiba HD player and i have a big hd collection for that as prices of discs crashed nicely after the Sony stunt
on 11 January 2010
This is the first (and hopefully the last) Blue Ray Player I've bought and at a Fantastic price !
As normal with Sony, build quality is excellant and a very smooth tray mechanism makes it a dream to use. I also have a Sony Bravia TV and the combination is amazing the Picture quality is outstanding and the sound awesome.

I used to have a large AV Amp with surround sound speakers, but too many cable's lying around for someone esle's liking ;-) but I have to say that with the Blue Ray player and the Bravia TV the sounds is increadible almost as good as 5.1 Surround sound. Give it a go you wont be disappointed!

Thanks
4 people found this helpful
on 25 January 2010
I couldn't believe my own eyes. I fell in love with blu-ray. And what it does to my old dvds! I have an upscaling dvd player as well, so I was sort of expecting similar quality, but how wrong I was. My dvds now look almost HD, and now I can discover all my favourites again! And obviously blu-ray discs look absolutely great. Now I know what all the fuss about blu-ray is! On the top of the picture now I can enjoy dolby surround sound, as I connected the player to my sound system. Go for it and buy!
on 18 February 2010
amazing price for Sony s-360 blu-ray (80.00) from amazon and speedy delivery. excellent machine for the money. up-scales really well on most DVDs and isn't half bad (after a few hours running in) as a CD player.
i can not really evaluate the blu ray picture as my LCD (although hdmi) is only 1080i {be warned if you haven't got full 1080p 24fps LCD and amp with hdmi inputs you will not get the full benefit of blu-ray) and therefore picture not as great as it should be on blu-ray, but blu-ray sound was a big improvement through amp.

i bought this excellent budget blu-ray because short of funds, if you have the money and latest tv and amp specks, don't mess around with s360 go for Sony bdp s-760 (270.00) a superior machine in every way
2 people found this helpful
on 8 December 2009
Price for Sony was acceptable, when you compare with other products on the market. Picture quality with blue ray discs is excellent having said that normal DVD look fine as well, Player is ideal size, comes in black with Dark blue light coming from the centre of the display which can be adjusted in brightness or switched off. Remote control is easy to use, menu on screen takes about 5 minutes to get used too. It is basically out of the box connect and you are up and running once you have purchased HDMI cable. Which does not have to be more than £20.00 if you are only 1.5m meters away from TV.
on 30 October 2009
Easy to set-up. Arrived in excellent condition the next day! Plug in and go! Works seemlessly with my Bravia TV and the picture and sound quality are out of this world! If you have a Bravia TV you don't even need the remote as it can all be controlled via the Bravia Sync button on the TV remote! Superb product, a good price and looks cool as well! Excellent!
2 people found this helpful
on 5 March 2016
Really good item, but you can watch any DVD on this item but very good if you buy the Blu-ray DVDs. Seller fine arrived in allocated time.
on 3 February 2010
While the player may be great - one thing that I had problems with is that the disk player makes an annoying purring noise. I've found other people commenting on this in other forums. It can only be heard once a film goes silent, but once you notice it it really ruins the experience. I thought my first player was faulty and returned it, but had the same problem on the replacement so ended up sending that back. Amazon were great about returning them it must be said. I don't know if this is a problem with a certain batch or maybe it is just that I sit about 2 meters away from the player and it isn't in a cabinet. If you are some distant from your player you may not notice the problem.
|22 Comments|Report abuse