Customer reviews

Wireless - Live at The Arnolfini, Bristol
Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 October 2009
I'd usually browse right past any album with the word 'live' on the cover since too often it signifies some of your favourite music being obliterated by crowd noise or a poor recording and it's never much of a substitute for actually having been there. However with this album it's different, the fact that it was recorded live in 2007 is almost irrelevant since the real pleasure is in hearing alternative versions of some of Biosphere's best tracks. Each piece drifts gently into the next and it feels like you're listening to Geir Jenssen's personal remix of his earlier work. If you already know Biosphere you'll probably love this, if you don't it's a pretty good place to start. Highly recommended.
on 10 August 2009
I've been a big fan of Biosphere ever since Substrata (still my favourite CD). To my mind Geir Jenssen hasn't produced a finer recording since then so I was in two minds about purchasing the (live) Wireless album featuring a mix from his earlier works including Substrata. I'm glad I did - the recording quality is great, the tracks shed new light on the earlier recordings and the selections are all very enjoyable. It now joins Substrata as a perfect ambient album for late night listening on a good audio system.
on 16 October 2012
I must have missed the release of this unique CD. I was at the original performance of this work. This recording by CW captures the emotional impact of the piece, except perhaps for the horns at the end, which I recall as being MUCH louder. I recommend this free riding to all Biosphere fans.