Customer reviews

on 16 April 2010
It is almost shocking how powerful this vacuum cleaner is. It practically lifts the carpet up along with the dirt! I can only imagine what the more expensive 2200W Miele vacuums would be like, but this is more than ample in terms of power. It cleans brilliantly, sucking up anything that comes its way. I have used dysons before in the past and I think this is far superior. I understand that the Miele brand has come top on Which? product tests and I can see why!
on 27 July 2011
Very pleased with my Miele and can't get over how quiet it is - essential when you live in a upstairs flat! It really does have excellent power and works on all surfaces with gusto!
on 22 August 2011
Nice hoover, very powerful and easy to manouvre. Only drawback is the cost of the replacement bags, but I believe you can get reusable ones so I would shop around.
on 22 January 2012
After nearly 20 years, our previous Miele vacuum is still going strong, but we wanted a light one to carry up and down stairs - this fits the bill perfectly, with a couple of notable doubts.
It is indeed very light to carry, but this also means it sometimes flips over when you are trying to wheel it about while hoovering. It does have a very strong "suck" and, usefully has variable settings so you can turn it down a bit if it is lifting your rugs! The hose is a real awkward thing to store, and although the steel tube sections do come apart to make it a bit shorter, they are a very tight friction fit - too tight for the lady of the house to separate, making it even more awkward. The bags, I think are very expensive at £2 each - even the copy ones are £1 each.
To summarise my feelings, a well made vacuum that will probably last for decades which is light, powerful and a good price too but with a few little ergonomic annoyances. Buy with confidence.
on 14 October 2011
Very well designed and built cleaner, lightweight, quiet, powerful, good range of tools. Very agile, easy to lift upstairs, deals with cat hairs easily esp with optional turbobrush. Long retractable cable means less plugging/unplugging. Bags can be expensive but buy in bulk to save. Bags last a long time. Best of all, a pleasure to use.
on 6 October 2011
Purchased the S2110CR after reading Which and other reviews. I already have a Kirby vac but need something lighter to vac stairs with. Didn't want to get an expensive model so this looked about right. Compared to my Kirby this is soooo quiet and even though it is the bottom of the range the power is good. I like the storage system for accessories and that it is very quick and easy to change attachments. I will certainly be considering a larger model miele vac when my Kirby dies, its over 20 years old.
on 2 March 2012
PLEASE NOTE: this review below is not for Chilli Red S2110CR... but for a White Miele "Allervac Senssor 5000"- a mistake by Amazon!

Bliss!

Should have forked out the £££ on one of these years ago!..not cheap, but worth the extra cost. Have only owned it for two weeks,but happy already.

Haven't put it to the full test yet,as this one even has coloured lights to indicate how full it getting.Gone are the horrible dusty smells because now the filters work properly.

The cord is much longer on this than the previous machine, so I am no longer having to change electrical sockets.

I even detected a slight smile creep across my face the other night as I hoovered a particularly dusty rug!

And because it's so quite I can now use it in the evenings without bothering anyone.Brilliant.

PS: Really, I don't work for Miele!- just a new fan!
on 29 November 2011
Powerful and compact. Amazing suction it lifts the carpet. Not too noisy, (My mother has a far more expensive model which is a lot quieter.) I am impressed with its performance. My best vacuum cleaner yet.
on 12 October 2011
The Miele vacuum cleaner fulfils my expectations. It is quiet but powerful. It has a good range of settings for different surfaces. All tool fit together well. The nachine looks good and performs very well.
on 11 November 2012
It's small, it's quiet, and it's remarkably powerful. You can pull the carpet up with it. It also has three fully castoring wheels, which makes it easy to tug around. A quietly efficient piece of German engineering.

(We've also owned two very expensive Dyson hoovers, which were both noisily inefficient examples of British engineering...not doing that again.)

See one answered question