Customer reviews

Release
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 March 2010
Not much to say except really wish i'd bought this sooner. I've played it to death especially the second track "Hey Boy". Strong vocals and a wicked bass guitar in the background. The whole CD is filled with catchy and thought provoking lyrics. The Sweetest Days takes me back to my childhood with a smile every time I listen to it.
This CD has really restored my faith in what I call proper Soul/RnB. Definately one for the soul connosieurs and a must for the top down (car!) on a summers day!
2 people found this helpful
on 6 July 2009
Pleasently surprised with the tracks on this album. Hil St. Soul has a range of songs which are original and appears to reflect life's experiences. The track: 'Don't forget the ghetto' reminds us of the people living in poverty [hurricane Katrina and all other devistated and poverty stricken people of the world]. A reminder for us not to forget those in the ghetto's of the world. I think Hil St. Soul's profile needs to be raised, a very good album.
on 17 November 2009
I have listeded to this album over and over - it has a couple of fast paced tracks which was brilliant played nice and loud in the car and gets you in the mood but the rest of the album is made up of slow soulful tunes. I would recommend this even if you have never heard of this artist before I think if you like rnb, soul etc you will enjoy.
on 11 September 2009
I OWN EVERY HIL ST SOUL ALBUM BUT THIS IS A GREAT COLLECTION TO BUY IF YOU DONT......A GREAT INTRODUCTION TO THIS UNDERATED ARTIST.
One person found this helpful