Size: 30 x 28 x 5 cm|Style Name: Cutting Fruit Playset|Change

on 3 January 2014
I have bought from Melissa and Doug before.
I was disppointed when this arrived, the paintwork was shoddy - not as bright as previous sets bought. Some of it was not finsished properly and had snags on, and the paint was chipped in places. It was not such good quality as previous sets purchased. My daughter also bought a set and found the same - excpet hers was worse and she sent it back. Amazon would not refund her money until she bpought as new one!
However, my grandson still loved it and hasd played with a lot since receiving it.
on 29 December 2013
I have used this to train my apprentice chef in how to cut food. Much cheaper than the real thing as you can put it back together again. We haven't moved on to advanced lessons with fractions yet as the apprentice, whilst keen, is only two.
on 7 August 2013
My Son 2 nearly 3 got this for Xmas, he absolulty loves chopping the food up and often chops food up for his dinosaur for tea. Very educational and teaches hand to eye co-ordinates. Brightly coloured and one part of the banana somehow ended up in the washing machine and made it through a 40 wash still going strog. Looks like made to last for many years.
on 18 August 2016
My 1yr old son loves this toy. He gets so excited when he cuts the fruit and he can say the names of the fruits when he does it or knows which is which when you ask him to cut a certain fruit. Would recommend this toy, great quality.
on 27 December 2015
This is a lovely toy with lots of useful play functions, including:

1. Sorting - sort the fruit by colour, by size, by favourites: great for young toddlers
2. Teaching fractions - half a fruit, a quarter of a fruit: this is great for pre-schoolers
3. Pretend play - for a teddy bear's picnic, or with a play kitchen - great for all ages

Therefore although they say 3+ on them, our 14 month old already loves them and I think they have great longevity in them. They are well made and they can be stored in the wooden crate box they come in. A lovely toy.
on 12 June 2013
These have now had over 18 months of use and they have stood up well to countless toddler tea parties. The paint has stayed hard wearing and fresh. The velco has stayed intact. There are no chips or dings despite being stirred, sliced, shaken, poured, etc. A lovely little set that has stood uo well to the test of time (and a toddler!)
on 10 November 2014
My little girl loves playing with her teaset. Spends hours pouring tea, so I knew she would love this. She got it for her 2nd birthday, initially she struggled cutting the fruit up but now is an expert (within a week), and loves sharing it out. She knows that the melon gets cuts into quarters, banana into 3rds and everything else into halves. obviously she doesn't really understand fractions, but good to get the mathematical language in early
on 31 July 2016
My son is autistic and we live to play games with him that encourage interaction and speech. These are great as he's learning and practicing the skill of cutting food but at the same time we can encourage him to use the names of the fruit to request them.
on 10 December 2011
Really high quality product and well worth the money. It seemed expensive, but when I compare it to the quality of other play food I've seen around, you get what you pay for. My son (2 1/4) loves fruit and has enjoyed cutting it, arranging it, serving it, cooking it, and 'washing' it in his little play kitchen sink. It has prompted lots of describing food - naming, size, shape, colour, taste. We also bought the pizza party and food group sets, and have found these equally well made and appealing. I think these will last the test of time; not sure abut the laminate floor though.
on 29 January 2013
I bought this as a birthday present for my 4 year old granddaughter who really likes it. She is always playing at cafes and loves to take orders for food and now she can actually bring a plate full of food. I bought this along with the sandwich making set and she spends hours playing shops and cafes.