Customer reviews

Size: Standalone|Change

on 8 July 2016
As with all Mellissa and Doug products this is a well made, sturdy puzzle that is built to last.

My daughter loves catching bugs with the magnetic fishing net, and this has aided her numeracy as she counts how many bugs she has caught and how many are left. Its also promoted her physical development as she used her fine motor skills to direct the magnetic points together.

The puzzle, bugs and net are very colourful and this puzzle has brought hours of enjoyment to my daughter (and fishing mad grandad!).
on 9 February 2016
Didn't want to believe the bad reviews as got trust in Mellisa & Doug.
Bought it and waited excited for a new intresting toy. Ended up very disappointed. Will add pictures to show you (made them in strong light to show quality, so image looks a bit brithter than realy is).
You can see through cling film that its soo badly cut. Lots of wood splits. Its a toy for a toddler how can this be approved?!
Colours are nothing like on picture, the picture is very very dark and the insects are not visible. I didn't bother to unpack it, going straight back. Sorry Amazon. Shame you Melissa & Doug...
review image review image review image review image review image
on 16 July 2017
My 2.5 year old loves this game. It's a bit like a jigsaw puzzle. She doesn't always use the magnet on the fishing rod as she quite likes to swing it around so I'm wary of the tv lol. She also finds it a bit hard to keep it still to pick the pieces up. But loves tomjust hold it and pick the pieces up and put them in their places.
on 20 February 2010
We purchased this for our 2 year old grand daughter. Finding toys suitable and robust enough for her has been difficult. Still we always like Melissa and Doug toys so thought we would give it a go. Well, what a winner! She has spent hours and hours catching the bugs with the magnetic rod and then sharing the bugs with all the family. She moved onto putting the bugs back into the correct spaces. Certainly well worth the price.
on 1 May 2016
I bought this for my 2 year olds birthday as she loves puzzles. This has been a hit and she loves telling me all the creatures. The pieces are easy for her to pull out and put in. Great product a hit with every child who comes over.
on 31 December 2014
This is a nice puzzle. I like the idea of using the magnets to catch the puzzles pieces, although my daughter (22 months old) just holds the magnet rather than the handle and string to pick up the pieces. It needs the pictures underneath the puzzle pieces really though, as it's not easy for a child to put the puzzle pieces back.
on 2 August 2017
If you're looking for a gift for a pre-schooler this is perfect. Educational and fun . . . but without feeling like play is becoming a teaching opportunity.
on 22 June 2015
These are brilliant! My 2 year old nephew loves them. Good wooden pieces which are bright and colourful. Helps him learn the names of the fish/animals/insects as well when I ask him to fish for a...'spider'! Bought the marine one too and that's just as good.
on 3 July 2015
My grandson has so many toys that i bought him mainly clothes and books for his second birthday. However I thought this would appeal to him as he is fascinated by insects and snails in the garden. He really enjoys playing with it and handles the 'net' very carefully in order to catch a bug.
on 5 September 2014
My grand daughter is eighteen months and is able to use the wand and fish for the bugs. At the moment she finds it difficult to replace them in the spaces, but is gradually getting the idea. Attractive, fun to play with and well made. I usually finish replacing the shapes in the evening!