on 17 April 2011
I bought this puzzle as a birthday gift for my 4 year old son's friend. He has the similar pirate version, which he loves. The pieces on both jigsaws are easy to handle and cannot be bent be younger sisters as they are chunky.
Other reviewers have commented that these puzzles come in a wooden tray, rather than a box. I love this. I think it makes completing the jigsaw more straightforward for a young child, and although you cannot put a lid on it when tidying away, I find it easy to store flat in a cupboard.
I plan to buy this fairy version for my daughter very soon as the colours and picture are lovely, and it is a bit more challenging than some other similarly priced puzzles.
on 29 April 2010
I bought this for my jigsaw loving 3 year old who has the Under The Sea version, and this was the next step up. Its really well made and the quality you expect from Melissa and Doug, but the problem lies in the picture. The fairies are quite confusing to look and it's easy to get them mixed up, then the vast amount of greenery and blue bell type flowers make it quite a complex jigsaw for a youngster. And the result is that my 3 year old seems to by-pass it most of the time.

I think it would be great for a child who loves magical things and fairies, but it doesn't interest my daughter, and it is perhaps too complex for a 3 year old.
on 25 May 2016
It looks lovely I haven't given it to her yet she's not 2yrs old but it's so colourful and she will love it. Thank you. Elizabeth.
on 19 January 2017
Very pink and girly, reasonable quality.
on 20 October 2016
Beautifuly made, no defect, good quality puzzle and the frame that goes with it is a plus! Little one is very pleased of it.
on 26 March 2014
I normally love Melissa & Doug wood toys, but this pussle does not seem to have the same quality as other M&D products. Each brick is quite thin and not as chunky as expected, and the picture easily separates from the brick causing it to break. Not anything that a little glue cant fix, but it's still a pity though.
Furthermore, the bricks interlock quite tight - not being easy for children to separate from each other..
on 28 April 2014
We have the mermaid one, too, and this is more difficult - 3 upwards. Brilliant play value and you can tell if child has lost a piece... tray puzzles are a winner!

Highly recommend.
on 7 September 2013
Bought for my daughters 3rd Birthday in April as she could complete the 24 piece ones with ease. It's nice thick pieces and fits inside a wooden board. After a few goes she could do this by herself. She loves it and plays with this daily so I'e bought her the mermaid one for Christmas. Only downside is u can't see the picture while doing the jigsaw as a guide as it's on the back but after a few goes it is easy enough for them to do. Highly recommend!
on 21 October 2015
absolutely lovely.great gift for my grandaughter she loves it. and all the pieces stay in one place
on 10 August 2012
I have a few Melissa and Doug puzzles ranging from 12 pieces to this more complicated one. The whole jigsaw tray on this is about a3 and the pieces are quite small but still toddler sized and perfect for a progressing mini-puzzler. My daughter age 3, loves the design and the wooden pieces with stand a lot of play. Great product.