Size: 60 Capsules|Change
Price:£10.09+ Free shipping

on 2 November 2012
No where in the product description does it state that this suppliment contains titanium dioxide -American Cancer Society headline-making decision to list titanium dioxide among the top five potential carcinogens warranting more study. This statement alone is enough to warrant concern.
This product should either be withdrawn or in the product description it should clearly state it contains titanium dioxide, then the consumer can make an informed decision whether to buy it.
It makes no sense to take a suppliment to clean up your body of free radicals etc and at the same time pump into your body cancer causing compounds.
Another typical FDA money oriented blunder.
THIS PRODUCT IS ON THE SHELF - I WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE IT AWAY.
22 Comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2012
This product contains titanium dioxide. This is absolutely not part of the human diet and is currently under investigation as a carcinogen. The people who make this er forget to mention that. This stuff could be extremely hazardous
33 Comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 December 2012
I had purchased this item as advertised but when I received it after more than a month later, to my disappointment it contained ingredients that were not advertised by the seller, e.g titanium dioxide which is a potential carcinogen is quite prominent in the list. The other concern is the gelatine content which is unsuitable for vegetarians, as the source usually is beef.
The most annoying point is that inspite of me writing to the seller the above concerns, I've not been contacted by them as I need to return this asap
on 7 December 2016
As Im trying these for what will be long term medication to try to eradicate toe nail fungus I can only offer the full amount of stars for Swansons products in general. These large capsules are apparently produced from coconut oil which is a recognised natural anti fungal agent. I hope my experiment works. I take one capsule three times a day before meals. It will perhaps take several months before I know whether they do the job.
on 24 February 2013
I tried to cancel ONE hour after ordering and reading titanium dioxide reviews and got this reply later."Unfortunately I can see that your order was dispatched just before we received your email, so I am unable to cancel this order I'm afraid".Thats the fastest order EVER!!no process 1of3 etc but somehow still took six days to receive it,nice one "healthhourly"!
on 21 August 2014
I take Alpha Lipoic Acid as I noticed on line that it is used in the USA for relief from poly neuropathy from which unfortunately I suffer from badly. It has helped to alleviate most of the irritating symptoms and is certainly worth using if you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy. As always it arrived very quickly and at a good price from Amazon
on 9 August 2013
I've taken this product on and off for the past year or so, it's definitely helped with my nerve conduction, I can actually touch things again and not have that feeling of numbness much like an invisible glove.

I've been reading some of the other comments regarding the Titanium dioxide issue: yes it can be carcinogenic, but this is only true if you inhale it, and of course, nobody will be inhaling the contents of a capsule, I should hope. Ignore the scare-tacticry; I bet these are paid pharmaceutical representative shills anyway.
on 19 July 2016
I bought these as had read they sometimes help with diabetic foot neuropathy which my husband suffers badly from. After a few days of taking these, he had noticed a significant improvement in his symptoms. They will never go away completely, but it seems these pills certainly do reduce the symptoms. Would recommend to anyone struggling with the same problem.
on 1 December 2015
I have tried other brands of Alpha Lipoic Acid that seemed to work for me. I decided to give Swanson a go since I have used other supplements of theirs. NO problem. I helped a lot with my diabetic neuropathy pain and numbness. Would recommend it.
on 27 July 2011
If you use 'Natural' healing remedies to cure what ails you, this is a good product and brand. A little online research will help you determine if it is a good choice for you. Swanson is my preferred brand, and the price was good value. As ever, check with your GP before using any supplements, particularly if you have a pre-existing condition

See one answered question