Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 22 November 2011
I had the LP in the 70's and then the CD when it was released in the 80's. I decided to buy this hoping that the sound quality would be improved from the 80's CD. I am very happy to say that the audio is amazing. It hasn't been compressed like the previous CD and the audio is crisp and clear. It is a fantastic collection and surprisingly, the live tracks are as good as, or better than the studio recordings. The harmonies on the live version of Homeward Bound are worth the purchase alone. The CD comes in jewel case. The only criticism (and this is why it loses a star) is that the booklet has no additional notes. Only the track listing.

The track listing is as follows;

1 Mrs. Robinson"
2 For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her" (live)
3 The Boxer
4 The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)" (live)
5 The Sound of Silence"
6 I Am a Rock"
7 Scarborough Fair/Canticle
8 Homeward Bound" (live)
9 Bridge over Troubled Water
10 America
11 Kathy's Song" (live)
12 El Condor Pasa (If I Could)
13 Bookends
14 Cecilia
11 Comment| 178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2017
Brilliant compilation of Simon & Garfunkel's music. This was the first album I ever bought, and having recently been to a Simon & Garfunkel show I bought this CD. It is constantly on in my car. The songs/music have stood the test of time.
on 21 January 2017
Bridge over Troubled Water still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up; more than a quarter of a century after I first heard it.

Brilliant Song Writing, wonderful music; an all-round classic.
Took me back to my student nurse says I have asked for budge over troubled waters at my funeral one of my favorite albums
on 29 March 2017
a great album of wonderful music. Recvommended to all who kissed them first time around
on 27 March 2017
I like Simon & Garfunkels music but I feel the recording is not brilliant. I bought this by mistake as I already have the identical CD and the quality is just the same on that copy.
on 6 April 2017
Bought to replace one I leant to someone and never got back!
on 22 March 2017
Brilliant album still love it after all these years
on 19 May 2017
EXCELLENT SELLECTION OF MUSIC!!!
on 5 May 2017
I don't know weather its my hearing, mastering or recording but the CD sounded a little flat compared to the cassette I had in my youth.