• Yeti

Yeti
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 27 March 2015
An amazing Krautrock album! One of the best!
Catchy, beautiful and scary at times, Yeti is one of Amon Düül II's best, and one of the best albums in Krautrock.
Through the catchy guitar riffs, the dark lyrics and the talented instrumental, this album is right in all the right places. It has that sense of spontaneity that is usually associated with Krautrock, yet it is smart.
Reprises of the catchy guitar riff through Soap Shop Rock (Side A) are audible, not to mention the good blend of classical throughout, especially on Soap Shock Rock d: Flesh-Coloured Anti-Aircraft Alarm, where the mixture of violin and classical produces a fresh, yet dreading sound.

The second vinyl disc contains the beautiful Yeti (Improvisation), which was completely improvised, yet it sounds just as good as any of the stuff on the rest of the album. This is truly a sign of magnificent musicianship, not to mention talent.

The album art represents everything the album is. A scary, visceral experience that can send you everywhere, the instrumentals as sharp as the blade that Death carries on the cover. Yeti is presented in an extremely polished layout and possesses overall, well-done production.

If you consider yourself a Krautrock fan, or want to get into Krautrock, I highly recommend this album. No, I can't recommend the album enough.
6 people found this helpful
on 24 June 2016
I bought the vinyl version of this album about 40 years ago, it was partially responsible forshaping my musical direction. I have been hoping for years that it would one day be remastered on CD & now here it is. I loved it then and love it now in its CD version. I'm thrilled to bits.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 May 2013
Bought this for a mate at XMAS. At first he was a little cool about it, expecting it to be more similar to Can than what it is. After this brief interlude, my pal couldn't stop playing it for a week. Very guitar driven, and of its time, but also timeless. The remastering has enhanced the sound quality without sacrificing the vibe. Arrived quickly from the US. Recommended for anyone who wants to own some of the prime so called Krautrock albums of the early seventies. It's a scorcher!
4 people found this helpful
on 3 August 2017
Very quick service and an excellent record by Amon Duul, probably the best LP they have ever done. If you like Kraut rock then buy this.
One person found this helpful
on 10 October 2014
not as Good as Lemmings, but only just falls short. German underground with long improvising tracks and short hard rock ones, with cool lyrics. Good stuff
on 5 February 2018
Really good album.
I had it in my old vinyl collection.
Very nostalgic hearing the album years on.
Sound just as,good as it did many years ago.
on 14 February 2014
This was the stuff I used to groove to in the daze of my misspent youth. I'd forgotten how good Amon Düül II were. If you're humming or ha-ing about this - buy it! You won't regret it!
on 2 December 2015
I am bias toward this band the best krautrock ever ,I only downloaded it cause my album is scratched
on 4 December 2017
Well worth tracking down.
on 23 November 2015