on 3 September 2012
I've bought a lot of micro usb cables as they seem to die from hard use and constantly being moved around in pockets, bike jackets, work under desk and used on the actual motorbike. I say this because it isn't fair to say these are crappy based on my experience of hard use. I will however say that the cable I received is ONLY 1M in length (states in in hard print on the clear packaging) I would typically say that warrants a complaint of miss-selling but then again I only spent 58p.. (Bit ridiculous to get upset over that)

Key Points:
> Black USB A to USB A micro usb cable
> 1m in Length
> Sold as Blackberry USB cable (I use it on a variety of HTC smartphones inc HTC Desire HD)
> Nice thick cable that looks weather hardy and durable
> USB Micro A tip tends to bend a bit easy after some use or when used on and off with frequency

Strangest Use To Date:
I have modified it with a clear mini plastic bag and zip ties; sealing a 12v cigarette socket to the cable for waterproof use on my Motorbike Sat Nav. (the micro end goes into a HTC smartphone sat nav app in a normal push bike splash proof holder)
on 20 May 2011
Copied and pasted from website: Lenght: 1.8M / Colour: Black
Bought this specifically for its length as the USB lead provided with my HTC phone is too short - and this one is exactly the same length at 120cm!
Bit annoying but I accidentally (forgot to delete) also ordered another 1.8m lead from a different supplier where the length was part of the description. It is yet to arrive but presumably will be as described.
On the positive side, this one has a low price, seems quite solid, the micro-USB connector clicks in nicely and it IS, as described, a data-compatible lead.
Will keep it as it will be useful to have. Is destined for my desk at work where its length is adequate for USB charging (and data transfer).
3 stars due to disappointment at erroneous length description. Otherwise would be 5 stars.
on 7 March 2013
Item worked for a short while but I have had to return it as it is no longer able to supply power to my Samsung S3 phone.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 December 2012
This fits my Nexus 7 tablet as it is supposed to and connect it to my PC or USB charger. Note that a MICRO USB plug is different from a MINI USB plug (the sort you might find on some phone chargers). This one is flatter and is found on a multitude of tablets and other electronic equipment for that very reason.

It seems well made, and even if it is shorter than the advertised length of 1.8m I wouldn't want it that long anyway so for me a shorter cable is a bonus.

It works. It's inexpensive. It lets me keep one cable at work and the other one at home. Sorted.
on 11 December 2013
I ordered 3 of these cables 10th june 2013. They took the full 28 days to arrive. After a couple of month they failed. The pins that hold the cable into the device have bent/broke so it no longer locks into place meaning charging can be hit and miss. Its not just me being ham fisted either. The cable that came with my old phone is 3 years old and still 100%.
I guess it really is a case of you get what you pay for. I did only pay 99p each so wasnt expecting a lot, and thats exactly what i got. will pay a bit more next time :)
on 23 April 2013
I'm a student living about 60 miles from home, and over Christmas I was back home. What did I do? I left my phone charger at my flat. If you're an avid phone user, you never want to put yourself in that position, especially the way HTC phones drain battery.

The only complaint I have with these is that they took almost a month to arrive! I mean, were they being delivered via pogo stick or something??

But if you find yourself living away from home and have to travel back and forth regularly, you are bound to forget something sometimes. Don't let it be your phone charger! Buy yourself a couple of these.
on 18 February 2013
This product arrived very promptly and at 95 pence was incredibly cheap so at first I was delighted. It looks fine and charges my Google Nexus smartphone from my laptop but, unfortunately it does not work as a data cable. I have tried it on two laptops but in both cases it fails to recognise the files on my smartphone so I cannot use it for transferring files between my smartphone and my laptop which it is supposed to do and which is what I bought it for. Thus for me it is a complete waste of time and money. If all you want it to charge your phone it is OK.
on 28 October 2011
I needed a longer Micro USB cable to connect an HTC HD7 desk charger -- SAI Super Quality Desktop 3-In-1 Rapid Charger/Cradle/Data-Sync Docking Station For HTC HD Mini Mobile Phone, Vertical Style - Plus Slot For Extra Battery Charge - GUKCRHT8 -- which also means it works with HTC HD7 smartphone. At less than a pound, this good quality cable gets my 5 stars. I am sure it has numerous other uses with other devices where Micro USB connector is used (which by the way is an increasingly popular connector type with new devices because of its reduced thickness, in contrast to the USB Mini connectors).
on 29 March 2012
The product had to be sent over to the UK from the US, so understandably this took a while (about 3 weeks). When it arrived it was relatively easy to use and basically did what I expected. I was using it to connect my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone to my Samsung HD TV. Something to be aware of is that this adapter does not come with Remote Control Protocol, meaning that you will not be able to use your TV remote control to control your phone device when it's plugged in (even if they are both devices are the same make, e.g. Samsung), which is a functionality which some more expensive adapters offer. Also, I'm only giving it 3 stars as I have found that when I use the adapter to play to stream content to my TV (e.g. YouTube) it will quite often completely freeze my phone, rendering all the buttons inoperative. When this happens the only way I have been able to get my phone working again is by removing and replacing the battery to force a restart, which obviously isn't ideal. In general though it works okay, particularly for playing self recorded video, and it basically does what it says on the tin.
on 22 September 2013
I bought several cables two years ago and I am very satisfied with the quality of the product. The plastic sleeve feels a bit cheap but I am impressed by how much I can abuse the cables mechanically. I used them on building sites, in my garden shed. I have stepped on them countless times, threw them in dust and mud and they are still working and connect my USB device without any issues. 1.8m appears to be a good length;too much longer would be too much hassle for daily use.