Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 August 2017
Great
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 April 2010
Old fashioned in a good way, this new band wear their influences on their sleeves. a bit of G'n'R here, a bit of Kiss there (no surprise they supported them recently), a smidgin of Def Leppard, some almost Boston like vocals even some Iron Maidenish guitars. It's quite a mix which is brought bang up to date with a couple of tracks that owe a bit to the likes of My Chemical Romance or Bullet for my Valentine.

Loads of youthful energy, some pretty good tunes, nope there is nothing not to like here but for their next outing they may have to come up with a "signature" style to stand out from the pack.
on 21 April 2010
Like i said in the headline - this album Time to Burn is a total beast of a debut record from Taking Dawn. Pulling inspiration i would say the band has a mixed sound of Skid Row and motley crue with a heavier sound!

The music mixes power and attitude together and combined produces up beat, fast paced heavy music!

The songs that do it for me the most are Like a Revolution; its fast and it rocks! really great live!!
The Chain, being a fantastic cover by Fleetwood mac, is a standout song on the album, its obviously a much heavier version and the band really do it well.

Taking Dawn, A fantastic new addition into the music world.
This Album - Defiantly Recommended.
on 26 April 2013
Like a few other people, I first came across this band when I heard they were support act to Kiss a couple of years back. Classic Rock magazine also had the title track on one of their freebie CD's, which was enough to grab my attention. Now I am happy to admit to being a bit of an old f**t who is quite at home with my old Lizzy, Rush or Zeppelin CD's, with a bit of Radio Rock thrown in as well. I do listen to a lot of new bands but, I am sorry to say that not too many make me sit up & take notice...or even buy the CD. Time to Burn however, is not one to be ignored....

Having got the album, I have to admit that I was not expecting it to be so good from start to finish. Nobody seems to do that anymore!! Not one bad track on there...it's like the good old days again when people actually listened to albums from beginning to end. In this age of single downloads and fly-by-night attention spans, this is like a breath of fresh air!! It takes me back to the early days of NWOBHM....but with a great production thrown in!

So whats the music like? Well, with all the vocal harmonies its melodic enough in places that it could almost please even some older Bon Jovi fans, but heavy enough with enough searing guitars and manic double bass drumming to grab serious metal fans as well. It reminds me of Skid Row but with more....um, well just more really!! With a sound that fits in somewhere around the (much) more metal end of the AOR genre, and the more melodic end of the proper metal/early thrash scene, this should appeal to a wide variety of rock fans & ought to sell by the truckload.

Bigger, better, louder, faster, it all works extremely well...simply fantastic! Check them out, then go & buy it & enjoy.
on 23 May 2010
I first saw the band when they supported Airborne and it was at that concert that they informed us about the up coming album. I liked them enough at the gig to search for the album when I got home, and I must say I wasn't disappointed by the album. I have no hesitation in recommending it.
on 7 December 2010
Fantastic album, was bought for me as a present after I raved about their version of The Chain.
They sound a bit like a cross between Iron Maiden and Nickelback but there are influences from many different rock icons throughout the album.
Starts a little weak with explicit lyrics in first song (kind of feel they there for shock factor rather than any real need) but the album more than makes up for this.
Fantastic pace doesnt let up all the way through.
Highly recomended, even if youve never heard of them.
on 9 February 2011
This is one hell of a debut. Hells bells it is just so relentless. From the very first track to the last. It has some melody and some slow tracks. The remake of the Fleetwood Mac song "Chain" is awe inspiring and too me it gives the song a truely masterful kick up the arse.
I am going to keepa an eye on these guys because they are going to go far.
on 21 January 2011
First saw this band when they were supporting kiss in 2010, simply amazing better than kiss by a mile even though kiss had the fancy pyro. Got home ordered the album. Listened to the album over and over again.

BUY THIS, hair metal revival at its best.
on 11 March 2013
I bought this out of curiosity because I love their cover of The Chain.I'm glad I did,because they are a very good band.Heavy and melodic,but not too heavy.